Looks the same so far.....

#11stufa1978Posted 4/7/2010 3:52:30 PM
To be honest, I could handle TCon 2 looking like a PS1 game as long as it has all the stuff they say it will.

Graphics are a bonus for me.If I was so despirate for graphics I would have got a 360 instead. As long as graphics function they're fine. But if the game looks good too, even better.

Infact I'd like to see a primative FPS engine and use the excess power to make a BIG play field and fill it full of meanies and wepons to mow 'em down with. Like Serious Sam or Doom 2.
Or how about a Stick Man war game?
---
Leave luck to Heaven.
#12UltimateFlame13Posted 4/7/2010 4:00:02 PM

Why do people always say a games early screens will change massively because its an alpha/beta build?

Maybe because there's a good chunk of time in between the final and the pre alpha? They aren't just sitting on their asses doing nothing during these months.

Trust me, if the screens look like that, the final game will look like that ok?

I find it very hard to take you seriously now.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV
#13Mavrick588Posted 4/7/2010 4:08:10 PM
SupahShnipa for the win!
---
"Never been righteous, though seldom were wrong"
#14ScottTheRockGodPosted 4/8/2010 4:53:55 PM
Ok well I'll hand it to you Supah, there is a reasonably big difference there I agree. But most games change very little in the few months up to release in terms of graphics, they're not sitting on their asses of course, but they're mainly ironing out bugs and and tweaking the controls/balance.

It's like the new Halo Reach Beta is out soon to test run... As far as I can tell, the graphics are great from the video they've shown but I can guarantee you, even though it's a Beta, the graphics won't change much at all between the soon to be released demo and the final version.
---
--SFU-Six Feet Under owns you!-SFU--
#15Ghosty392Posted 4/8/2010 5:15:44 PM
Even if the graphics don't change at all from the first game, I wouldn't mind. There's enough new content being added to overlook that, not that The Conduit looked gruesome or anything.

Hell, splitscreen is enough for me to buy this even if it's the only new feature. I've been waiting for an FPS to play on the wii with local friends that isn't Far Cry or Red Steel...

On an unrelated note, hey guys.
---
Conduit Friend Code: 3137-4338-7044
Yes, I have WiiSpeak.
#16UltimateFlame13Posted 4/8/2010 5:18:59 PM

But most games change very little in the few months up to release in terms of graphics, they're not sitting on their asses of course, but they're mainly ironing out bugs and and tweaking the controls/balance.

Thing is...this game is not releasing in a few months. We still have 5 months before fall even begins, and there's nothing to say this is going to be early fall. Who's to say there won't be a delay either. Tony says that the graphics are already better than what was shown in those pictures, so I think it's safe to say they aren't working only on bugs and controls/balance.

It's like the new Halo Reach Beta is out soon to test run... As far as I can tell, the graphics are great from the video they've shown but I can guarantee you, even though it's a Beta, the graphics won't change much at all between the soon to be released demo and the final version.

No it's not like Halo Reach Beta. Yes beta's are made to be near finished to test out gameplay and such, but TC2 is not in the Beta phase yet. Those pictures are Pre-alpha. Not Beta. They have different names for a reason you know.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV