Alternate fire for the SMAW?

#1Green_TunicPosted 4/9/2010 11:09:22 PM
Wut? It would be ironic if it's alt fire is an automatic fire (with weaker rounds). But that doesn't make much sense with the tech it's made of. What would be funny would be if it's a sort of super jump where the player shoots at the ground and he/she gets propelled up.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/ (mah videogame blog)
#2The_ShaderPosted 4/10/2010 2:13:18 AM
No, it just shoots behind you. Causing you to faceplant AND kisss the floor.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#3DarkShadowRagePosted 4/10/2010 5:36:13 AM
Green_Tunic
Posted 4/10/2010 1:09:22 AM
message detail Wut? It would be ironic if it's alt fire is an automatic fire (with weaker rounds). But that doesn't make much sense with the tech it's made of. What would be funny would be if it's a sort of super jump where the player shoots at the ground and he/she gets propelled up.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/ (mah videogame blog)

You just described the rocket jump which has been around for years.
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#4DarkShadowRagePosted 4/10/2010 5:38:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOE7u0UkkfM
here is an example of a combined grenade and rocket jump.
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#5Cleon3600Posted 4/10/2010 7:45:24 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if there were grenades that didn't hurt you, but released a concussive blast that propells you?
#6DarkShadowRagePosted 4/10/2010 7:47:30 AM
that's the price of rocket and grenade jumping, that's why you don't do it with low health.
---
#7LigersRulePosted 4/10/2010 8:45:06 AM
Thinking of alternate fires for the SMAW.....

How about a sort of guided missile? Like when you shoot it, the camera shifts to the point of view of the rocket, and you can turn corners and stuff (within reason, probably small shifts to the angle, really) at the cost of leaving yourself exposed?

I know that they do this in a lot of games, but the best example I can think of is the Visi-bomb glove in R&C 3.....
---
The Conduit: 4726-6351-9612 Name: Sychs
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 4/10/2010 8:45:40 AM

How about a sort of guided missile? Like when you shoot it, the camera shifts to the point of view of the rocket, and you can turn corners and stuff (within reason, probably small shifts to the angle, really) at the cost of leaving yourself exposed?

that would be cool
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV
#9Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/10/2010 8:48:23 AM
^The best I can think of is the Slayer from Perfect Dark.

This one is probably much more likely. Although I would imagine that if HVS does give it a secondary like this, that they decrease the power of the rocket while using the secondary and make it very difficult to control.
---
Check out High Voltage Software's new project, "The Grinder." Coming Haloween 2011 to Wii, 360, PS3, and PC
#10incognito3Posted 4/10/2010 9:17:15 AM
i say get rid of the smaw and move on with your lives but i know they wont do that :_(
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4