I'd like to see this game for the Nintendo 3DS.

#1JarinmackPosted 4/10/2010 11:29:09 AM
I know HVS want's this as Wii exclusive, but since the next generation handheld 3DS is supposed to have graphics near Wii's, I think the Q3 engine would work well on the 3DS. It would be called "Conduit 3D". And this game is coming out in Q4 2010. That may be the time where the 3DS launches too.
---
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: CASAKI
MWR: M|Beasty. My gold guns: Uzi, Ak, M10, M60.
#2Aile_WingPosted 4/10/2010 11:34:10 AM
Jarinmack:
I know HVS want's this as Wii exclusive, but since the next generation handheld 3DS is supposed to have graphics near Wii's...

I'm sorry... what? Where did you hear that? I heard that is was supposed to be close to Gamecube graphics, but Wii graphics?
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#3Cleon3600Posted 4/10/2010 11:34:19 AM
After thinking for a minute, it could actually be a good idea.
It doesn't have to be the same game though. Maybe a spinoff with someone else as the main character?
#4Pit107Posted 4/10/2010 12:29:37 PM
It's definitely not supposed to have near Wii graphics. What I saw was that it's supposed to have about GameCube power, but not necessarily GameCube graphics. So maybe some of the games that push the hardware will have graphics about on-par with a GameCube game. My prediction is:

Best GC graphics>Average GC graphics=Best 3DS graphics>Average 3DS graphics>Worse GC graphics>Worse 3DS graphics

Something along those lines.
---
"Beat ROCKS"? It's not like he's some boss that'll die if you find his weak point and attack it.-DocEggmanNega
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/10/2010 9:03:16 PM
You know, it's funny, because last I heard, the 3DS is actually the most advanced 3D Nintendo console thusfar, employing a high quality Nvidia based GA designed specifically for performance and efficiency in small portable devices.

Where are you getting all this "it's kinda gamecubeish grafix lolol"?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6TulkiPosted 4/12/2010 4:07:35 PM
I know HVS want's this as Wii exclusive, but since the next generation handheld 3DS is supposed to have graphics near Wii's

The graphical capabilities of the 3DS were never confirmed anywhere. The whole "close to Gamecube graphics" statement is the result of an estimated guess based on "GBA is to SNES as DS is to N64 as 3DS will be to Gamecube".

I'm going to guess that it will be halfway between the N64's and Gamecube's initial capabilities. As in, pre-Xpack, so perhaps with visuals on the level of Majora's Mask and maybe a tiny bit better.
---
I laughed so hard I threw up! :D
<Proud interceptor of high-fives>
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/12/2010 4:38:50 PM
I'm going to guess that, since Nintendo would be using Tegra for this, it's base specs will probably be above that of the Cube, and it's shader architecture will be much, much, much better. As in, actual shaders, and no TEV.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8stufa1978Posted 4/12/2010 5:30:12 PM
That'd be cool.

well for a 3DS FPS controller. That tilt screen could make a good curser control. Well, as an addition.
---
Leave luck to Heaven.
#9silver knuxPosted 4/12/2010 10:47:07 PM
Now I can't remember where I heard it, and I don't even remember if it was just another rumor or a "insider tip-off", but I recall reading recently about how Nintendo wouldn't be use the Tegra chip in the 3DS. I believe the statement was something about how Nintendo decided to pass on Nvidia's offerings and decided to go with another company, possible ATI, for a custom designed chip. Now this could all just be a complete lie, but I didn't make it up myself.

Also, if the 3DS isn't stronger than the GameCube, Nintendo's going to take an even bigger hit from graphic-whores than they did with the DS. Rumors put Sony's PSP2 at near 360 level graphics and the DSi is already substantially stronger than the original DS. 3DS needs to be a really big upgrade. Graphics don't mean everything, but they are becoming increasingly more important as the industry moves forward.

Another note, the GameCube was originally going to be new Handheld but Nintendo realized the costs would be excruciatingly high to make a handheld that powerful at that point in time so they threw out the GBA as their next handheld and made the GameCube into the console it is. That's why the GameCube is so small compared to the other consoles of it's generation, because it almost became a handheld and worked out well to remain the size it became.
---
Wielder of the Legendary Halberd of Noobpwnage+3
#10DaLaggaPosted 4/12/2010 11:29:02 PM
"I'm sorry... what? Where did you hear that? I heard that is was supposed to be close to Gamecube graphics, but Wii graphics?"

Gamecube graphics are extremely close to Wii graphics. The Wii is basically just a recycled Gcube with a 50% overclock on the CPU and GPU which only makes it slightly more powerful. There does not exist a single Wii game that could not run on a Gamecube with, at most, a tiny reduction in the graphics.