ATTN: All that make "ATTN: HVSTony" topics

#1SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/10/2010 12:56:25 PM
Hello,

Look, I know that many of you are probably amazed that someone from the company is actually gracing us with their heavenly presence... but you have to realize a few things:

1. He's an animator, not a lead designer or CEO of HVS. While he can listen to some of the things we have to say, he can't make changes on his own. Any idea that he has or that he brings up on our behalf has to go through the design team and has to be evaluated on whether or not the functionality or feature is good enough to deserve extra time and money spent to design, implement and test. Also, since most studios won't really delay the game too much, they'd have to see if they can take resources away from other parts of the game to work on said feature. He can relay ideas just like any member of the company can, but he isn't obligated to do so just because we asked.

2. He may be part of the company, but he's still a person. As much as we may all like to have our ideas heard and to hope that they get implemented in the game, you have to realize that he's not our messenger boy for the company. I'm sure he likes to browse the board and see our thoughts and ideas for the game, but that doesn't mean that he's obligated to relay everything we say to the higher ups of the company, or that he has to rush to us every time we want the attention. He may be the kind of person that will spend a good amount of time looking through different topics, reading every request and suggestion that we type, or he may be the kind of person that likes to relax, hear some opinions and discuss something fun (the game) with people that think the same.

3. Doritos and orange soda rock.

4. Despite what I said, I think it's awesome to have a studio that seems to care about their fans and actually want to gather feedback from them or consider their ideas. Although I never really got in the gaming industry the way I was planning, if I ever did get to actually use my course for something, HVS would be one of the companies that seems like they would be awesome to work for.
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.
#2LigersRulePosted 4/10/2010 1:05:37 PM
Sticky requested.
---
The Conduit: 4726-6351-9612 Name: Sychs
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 4/10/2010 1:19:00 PM
the amount of right in this topic is unbelievable :D
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV
#4ShinraHQPosted 4/10/2010 2:09:21 PM
My eyes are watering after reading this!
Either it's just the sheer truth and win, or it's from hardly blinking while reading your epic wall of text.
EITHER WAY, as I said, this is truth and win.
---
GT is Twelve20two. Just throwing it out there.
#5Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/10/2010 3:27:47 PM
He may not be a messenger boy, but he's also not voiceless in the creative process. HVS seems to be the kind of company that wants to minimize any forms of hierarchy when possible.

Think of Naughty Dog. Every single employee of the company has direct contact with the "higher-ups" at all times and all of their suggestions are at least considered and deliberated upon. Same goes for any complaints, critiques, and comments. Naughty Dog also pays close attention to fan feedback. They in constant active collaboration rather than having to pass memos and have them approved by CEOs and supervisors.

HVS seems to be similar from what I've seen, so that would make HVSTony a valuable advocate for the GameFAQs/Gamespot following of their franchises. Yes, we can't automatically assume that anything we suggest will make it into their games, but they've implemented a great deal of our community's suggestions already. I'd bet Tony played a pretty big part in making sure our voice was heard.

They implemented my suggestion for alt-fire options, and I posted that on the original Tcon message board' (and The Grinder board). I don't believe there's anything wrong with throwing your ideas out there, even if they don't make it into the final product.
---
Check out High Voltage Software's new project, "The Grinder." Coming Haloween 2011 to Wii, 360, PS3, and PC
#6ChronoShotPosted 4/11/2010 4:30:51 PM
Sticky requested.

---
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on -- Robert Bloch
PSN -- ChronoGeneration
#7SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2010 5:21:07 AM
A bump, considering how more of these have appeared.
---
#8stufa1978Posted 4/12/2010 6:31:00 AM
Ay, poor Tony is a victim of his own success.

Now many fans (including myself) grovel for his attention.
And I know of his status in HVS. But it is nice to have some insight from an insider.

It's a relief when I hear someone else appreciate HVS supporting Wii.

Since The Conduit 1 was first announced. I gave HVS absolute praise for giving us Wii gamers something no one else could be bothered to do. It's annoying to see how many gamers judges a game by the creators and not the game itself.

Equally it's annoying to see HVS get flamed by Wii and HD gamers who don't respect what HVS are trying to do. After all I don't see many other 3rd parties being so anxious to support the Wii.

I did get annoyed when The Grinder was delayed though. The multiformat thing doesn't bother me.

I liked TCon 1 despite it's flaws.
Con2 will please me much more I'm sure.

But I do hope it turns out good enough to prove the Wii and HVS can indeed make a decent all round FPS.
---
Leave luck to Heaven.
#9SA_X_Mk_II(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2010 7:56:09 AM
The thing is, if he wants to gather/give info, he should be able to do so on his own. Again, he's probably the type of person that doesn't really care too much about it and just likes helping people, but still.

On another note, I'm still glad that Tony is/was in the boards, as it shows that the company does actually care about what their fans think when some of the ideas of the game get discussed before hand. A perfect example of which is the contest for the controls they had before the game was released.
---
#10HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/12/2010 8:30:56 AM
Thanks for the topic!

-Tony