post your multiplayer mode ideas!

#1Neo-ganonPosted 4/11/2010 12:09:42 AM

Ill go first.

Drudge Vs. Humans

Its a King of the Hill type mode, only with drudge against humans. not very original i know haha.

GO!!!

#219Ace93Posted 4/11/2010 1:00:25 AM

I would like a mode which required intense team cooperation (for example, you literally need more than one super good player to win, you have to work together). This would be hard when all you can do to communicateis jump up and down, squat and draw pictures by shooting at the wall (before you ask, yes I have done all three). Nevertheless, it'd be worth it.

Once in a while, in the original TCon, I would get a really cool team on the Complex level (or something like that)and we would all work the tunnels systematically, two people each way. We would always ensure that someone knew to stay with the ASE, and we were won many matches this way.

Oh yeah, this one is not specifically a mode, but is still very important in my mind. There needs to be more background noise or music, anything that would trick me into believing that there is something going on somewhere in the map. Many TCon games would be over with that non-stop droning noise. Why not have some really intense music which changes based on how well your team or you personally are doing? I feel that this would bring more aggression into the multiplayer. It also offers an opportunity to spice up the "one of your teammates just died" noise (which, don't get me wrong, matched TCon's subdued and ambient music perfectly) to something a bit more... terrifying?

Well anyways, I write too much. Thanks to those of you who read to the end.

-ACE

#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/11/2010 1:38:32 AM
Very very very very simple.

You start with all the money/points/whatever to BUY your own starter-set of upgrades/weapons, whatever combination you want, and you only need to keep playing to unlock more from there.
As apposed to the usual "you have crap, go die a bunch so other people feel good about themselves to get more".
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4The_ShaderPosted 4/11/2010 3:49:02 AM
Team Reaper

> War of Worlds

>> 2 vs. 2 vs. 2

Team with highest amount of kills wins match. No match bonus for the other teams. High ranking players are teamed with their polar opposite ranked players for even teams. Depending on number of players present in the lobby, the team size may automatically change to...

>> 3 vs. 3 vs. 3
or
>> 4 vs. 4 vs. 4
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#5SaintXSPosted 4/11/2010 7:58:20 AM
With a 16 player game they should try squad dm like in battlefield; 4v4v4v4
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#6Prime011Posted 4/11/2010 8:15:26 AM
Free-For-All
It was called juggernaut in another game
One person is the juggernaut, they have crazy defense, speed and power, everyone has to kill that person, and whoever kills them become it. The person as juggernaut the longest wins.

Team Reaper
VIP(I'll call it)
Each team has a VIP, and they must be protected at all times. If either VIP is killed, that team loses. VIP can only carry a pistol though.

These are game modes I have seen in other games, but i thought they would be nice for C2
---
Waiting for: MH3, Metroid: Other M, SMG2, and CON2!!!
Hebrews 11:1
#7DarkShadowRagePosted 4/11/2010 9:37:57 AM
Old School arena style mode
With Weapon pick ups, armor scattered around the map and same with ammo, you are not limited to two weapons you can carry each weapon you pick up and use them.
This would mainly be used for FFA.
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#8_Kidlat_Posted 4/11/2010 11:34:34 AM
Maybe a mode like in counterstrike when there are two targets you need to blow up.
---
{Tamaan ka sana ng kidlat}
MWR: 4893-7948-2427 The Conduit: 2836-7869-1737
#9Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 3:03:23 PM

I got another one. itll be called "puppet master"

Imagine juggernaut meets a zombie mode. One player plays as a super powerful drudge (ala the juggernaut) and everyone else is a human soldier against him. The human soldiers must survive each round without becoming puppets. A human soldier becomes a puppet everytime the one drudge player mele kills them. If the drudge player shoots a human player, they simply respawn. When someone becomes a puppet, they immediately change teams to the drudge side. Only the drudge guy can turn people into puppets.

The goal of the drudge team is to change every other player into a puppet, while the goal for the human team is to survive the round.

#10UltimateFlame13Posted 4/11/2010 3:08:05 PM

I got another one. itll be called "puppet master"
Imagine juggernaut meets a zombie mode. One player plays as a super powerful drudge (ala the juggernaut) and everyone else is a human soldier against him. The human soldiers must survive each round without becoming puppets. A human soldier becomes a puppet everytime the one drudge player mele kills them. If the drudge player shoots a human player, they simply respawn. When someone becomes a puppet, they immediately change teams to the drudge side. Only the drudge guy can turn people into puppets.
The goal of the drudge team is to change every other player into a puppet, while the goal for the human team is to survive the round.

sounds fun, reminds me of infection
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV