New Idea: Player Profile

#1naruto3336Posted 4/11/2010 8:47:14 AM

I was thinking about how a player can have his own profile. His profile would give general info. For eg, there would be the player's character standing on the left side, with their screen name on the top, and Friend Code directly below. Extra Info could include things like Accuracy, Kills, Death, Wins, Losses. You can view this profile right before you start a game to see how everyone in your team, or the other team is. You can also search players using a search option and view their profiles that way. You can set an option to let everyone view your profile, or just friends.

This game is going to have Achievements for sure. Now why not use those achievements in your profile to show how good you are. For every Achievement you earn, depending on how hard the difficulty of that Achievement was, you get points. These points accumulate giving you your "Pro Score" or whatever they want to call it.This profile could also show the number of times this player has got banned, and other stuff. This profile would have a "Rival" option or a "Friend Option". If you click on Friend option, you can simply drag the FC that is already written on their profile to the box where you need to put it, and click on Send Request.

This is really good for people that want to fight new people that they think are a good competition and for people to avoid others. This also adds to a competitive side to online playing as people can say how their profile is better than others.

Side Note: Their could 2 be 2 profiles, one for Co-op and one for competitive or they could both be in one depending on if the Achievements are combined in Competitive and Co-op or not. BTW, it has been confirmed that Achievements are their in multiplayer in the interview they just had on Nintendo Life.

#2incognito3Posted 4/11/2010 10:03:13 AM
good idea, get the word to high voltage.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4
#3naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 10:34:28 AM

I hope HVSTony reads that. This is a good idea also because it is user friendly to add people while still abiding the Nintendo online terms and conditions.

#4VermineaterPosted 4/11/2010 10:47:12 AM
It's probably what they have planned already. At the very least, they've considered this idea before you mentioned it.
---
VE - Stuff makes me raeg! D:<
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#5articshardPosted 4/11/2010 11:41:32 AM
not sure how much i like it. its kinda harmless but the competition for more kills would just make it frustrating when you die. another thing if people judge you based on kills,deaths, wins, and loses, its really not an accurate judgement if skill. what if that happened to be an old account. everyone knows that new people die alot and those racked up deaths do not accurately display your skill if you are now experienced and skilled. people would avoid you and you could very well be a good opponent.
---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V
#6naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 11:43:45 AM

You can just create one for when you are starting then after you think you are good enough, you can start a new account and delete the old one.

#7articshardPosted 4/11/2010 11:47:50 AM
another option would to put a reset button on it. i probably wouldnt pay attention to them anyway lol. i'd just go to whatever match i got into. but if i'm looking for some stiffer competition, this would be a good idea
---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V
#8incognito3Posted 4/11/2010 12:02:30 PM
i like the idea of seeing people in the lobby mode, like they are in an airplane heading toward the level or something. You actually see your person, i think its a good idea.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4
#9SupahShnipaPosted 4/11/2010 12:36:49 PM
This would essentially be a gamer profile, which is a good idea.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#10naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 2:01:31 PM

SupahShnipa posted...
This would essentially be a gamer profile, which is a good idea.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa

Exactly my intention. But a bit more modified.