Mirrored Models (For Left Handed players)

#1TerrorriskXPosted 4/11/2010 12:49:52 PM

While this doesn't apply to me as I am right handed, I knew people that wanted to play the first but was plenty confused due to Mr. Ford like most if not all shooters being right handed. Therefore I say they lost 5 sales from my word of mouth and previewing my own copy once it had released. Being a motion controlled game I figured this would had been in the first but I guess not.

Anyway's yeah, get the left handed players to play the game by implementing Left Handed Models in the options menu.

#2psychobrewPosted 4/11/2010 12:53:10 PM
That's a good idea. This was a huge issue for many with Red Steel 2, and is something that should be fairly easy to implement.
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 4/11/2010 12:55:23 PM
Sounds like a good idea
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV
#4Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/11/2010 1:01:42 PM
I'm a south paw, but I've learned to compensate for right-handed gaming. It would be nice to use my good hand every once in a while though. Do it HVS!
---
Check out High Voltage Software's new project, "The Grinder." Coming Haloween 2011 to Wii, 360, PS3, and PC
#5ammartin08Posted 4/11/2010 1:20:08 PM
I'm a lefty as well, but the Wii was the first controller that was left-hand-friendly, so all of us were plenty used to the layout. I actually tried switching to left-handed gameplay a couple times and just couldn't manage it. But I know at least three other people who are lefties and would definitely use that feature.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu
#6TerrorriskX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 3:45:22 PM
If I can still get in touch with HVS I'll ask them directly, this is one feature I truly believe will be used, heck I'd try it once for campaign mode.
#7psychobrewPosted 4/12/2010 7:58:40 AM
Just a bump in hopes that a certain employee sees this so he can pass it on.
#8HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/12/2010 8:12:48 AM
I remember I tired this in the first one but was unsuccessful because the math in the aiming system went a wonky. (Its a LOT more then just flipping the art guys)

Ill bring it up and have a small discussion about it but no promises. We have limited resources and if it proves to take more then just a little time, im sure you guys would rather see better GFX and gameplay.
#9psychobrewPosted 4/12/2010 8:21:54 AM

HVSTony posted...
I remember I tired this in the first one but was unsuccessful because the math in the aiming system went a wonky. (Its a LOT more then just flipping the art guys)

Ill bring it up and have a small discussion about it but no promises. We have limited resources and if it proves to take more then just a little time, im sure you guys would rather see better GFX and gameplay.

Definitely, and since I am right handed I would much rather have better GFX and gameplay than left handed models. P.S. Had you trained me on the engine, I might have known it was more than simply mirroring the model.....

#10raysnds1Posted 4/12/2010 8:47:45 AM
as a true south paw of my 34 years of life......(staying away from power tools unless absolutely necessary)

most FPS are fine.......I think Conduit 2 will be ok...(although I wonder about Grinder w/ the Melee Weapons)....the best part of the Wii is what ever hand i'm holding the controller in...as long as the reticule is there....at least i know where i'm aiming...

but if anything....i apreciate a "right-y" was actually concerned......maybe there is hope our (2) races can still get along...(j/k hehe)