HVS Tony

#1StrongDeodorantPosted 4/11/2010 2:56:35 PM
Can you persuade us as to why any of us should buy this game? Let's face it, number 1 was a huge let down. Waiting 10 minutes to get into a game killed it, let alone getting into the game and getting the spawn glitch. It made it virtually impossible for someone to hop on for a quick game. The continuous spamming of grenades also put this game on the same excitement level as paint drying.

If stuff like this is not fix in this title, what's the point in dropping 60 bucks on something that will not entertain me. I also had a problem with map selection. Every game seemed like it was a marathon explosives match on street. Is anyone there able to write random code? Another huge fault with number 1 was the terrible map design. There was very little detail compared to games like CoD which made them boring and often repetitive. Mines as well throw us all in one giant building and make us play Red Rover.

With such a huge franchise already many steps ahead of the Conduit in the Call of Duty, why should I stop playing that to start playing this? The campaign was alright but online is what adds re-sale value. Sorry if this all sounds harsh but lets face it, the Conduit 1 was a bigger bust than Jamarcus Russell.
---
"Half of the people in the world are below average."
#2xerofyre0Posted 4/11/2010 2:58:10 PM
it wasnt a huge letdown at all. the online did need a bit work but it will be better this time i guaranteedddd
#3StrongDeodorant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 3:00:29 PM
Your argument is so convincing. Last I time I checked, I adressed HVS Tony, not some little kid who thinks his argument stating nothing at all really, matters to me.
---
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 4/11/2010 3:02:20 PM
A better question is why should he spend time to try and persuade you to buy the game? Sounds like more of a job for someone in marketing. Go do some research and find out if you think the changes they are making are good enough. Then wait for some reviews if you are still uncertain.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV
#5The_ShaderPosted 4/11/2010 3:03:09 PM
Lets face it, CoD sucks compared to other shooters.

Conduit wins because of Wii-speak

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 wins because of awesomesauce classes, and non-broken vehicles.

Halo: Reach wins because of Jet Packs (as does Duke Nukem 64)

Modern Warfare 3 fails because most of its top developers dont even work at infinity ward anymore.

..... Conduit also wins for being awesome on Nintendo's crappy servers, which are being borrowed from Gamespy.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#6StrongDeodorant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 3:05:14 PM
Marketing reps are responsible for public marketing, not direct feedback from people on a gaming forum. HVS Tony repesents High Voltage Software on here, no a marketing executive. Market researchers generally field questions for us but since there are none here, we adress HVS Tony. Get it?
---
#7StrongDeodorant(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 3:07:46 PM
@the Shader:

That has to be the funniest comment I have ever heard. How many copies has CoD sold time after time after time? It's exponentially greater than the Conduit. They have nothing to explain since they put a solid product. The Conduit 1 was the first in the series, and was one of the most hyped up games for the Wii, yet failed miserably on the casual gaming scene, and competitive gaming scene (or lack there of on the Wii).
---
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 4/11/2010 3:26:42 PM

Marketing reps are responsible for public marketing, not direct feedback from people on a gaming forum. HVS Tony repesents High Voltage Software on here, no a marketing executive. Market researchers generally field questions for us but since there are none here, we adress HVS Tony. Get it?

I like the little bit of condescension at the end there; too bad that it gave you away. A legitimate poster with really just 6 karma wouldn't be pretending like he's been here long enough to know how things work. Unless you're just naturally arrogant of course. Either way, try to hold back on that a bit and you may have more success in the future.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/11/2010 3:32:02 PM
Here's an idea:

Do some research on the game, and then either buy it or don't buy it.
You're one possible sale. I'd rather Tony spend time on making Conduit 2 cinematics look perfect, or giving feedback from the players to the rest of the developers than arguing with a random troll on the internet.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#10LigersRulePosted 4/11/2010 3:33:31 PM
Why should Tony answer you, again? I personally would rather him work on the game then have him answer something like this. It's quite simple. If you don't like The Conduit, don't play it. However if you want to know why it's not CoD.... It's, pretty much, the first real title from the company. It's an original IP, catering to a market that, really, isn't the big on this system, from an independent developer. How good did you expect it to be?

CoD is one of the most recognizable series of games out there. It's been said time and time again, brands matter. They matter even more on the Wii. Of course a CoD game is gonna sell better then this.

Nobody is telling you that you need to play this game. If you like CoD so much, go play it.
---
The Conduit: 4726-6351-9612 Name: Sychs