Smart thing to do is to put in on the ps3 move

#1TokoBoloPosted 4/13/2010 12:54:33 AM
I know there are a lot of hardcore gamers on the wii but seeing the sales of the first shows that the wii isnt the best market for this game. They should boost the graphics and put it on the ps3move as a launch title. Im pretty sure they would get way more sales
#2The_ShaderPosted 4/13/2010 1:02:57 AM
psmove does have more controller buttons but HVS said they like the Wii.

besides, they put so much work and effort into the Quantum 3 engine just to have it on the Wii.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#3stufa1978Posted 4/13/2010 3:38:16 AM
Yeah Con2 should be fine where it is.

Though I would like to see how FPS turns out with PSMove. I'd imagine a Timesplitters game on PSMove would be boss!.

I can't see how you could work a FPS on natal though.
---
Leave luck to Heaven.
#4Phasmatis92Posted 4/13/2010 5:53:22 AM
Producing games on PS3 is more expensive, which would negate any sales advantage.
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/13/2010 8:54:12 AM
From the reports Ive read so far, the pointer using move will actually de-sync.

Move is best for 3D motion tracking, but wii may have the advantage for pointer feature.

Also, move and Wii are both going to have their own quirks, its not like its GCN controller vs Dual Shock where you can just map the controls to new buttons. It would probably involve a little more works than HVS is willing to put into it.

And lastly, The user base for Move is currently Zero. We have no idea how successful its going to be.
there may not be enough purchasers to make the investment worth while.
#6SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/13/2010 10:40:17 AM
There are a number of reasons why putting it on the PS3 with the Move would be bad:

- Development time/resources would have to be increased to update all the graphics to HD
- Development time would also have to be increased a lot more for them redoing their entire engine from scratch for the PS3
- On the PS3, they'd probably be near obligated to put some support for DualShock 3 support as well as Move support (which would take a long time)
- While the Move might seem to be more precise and more advanced on the surface than the Wii, the simple fact is that the Wii's hardware has been available and experimented with for a while, but the Move would be new and a lot of its problems haven't been discovered/surmounted yet
- They'd need to go back and redo their online system as well as add a lot more achievements (or Trophies as they are called on PS3 I think)

Basically, them taking Con2 at this point and time and redoing things properly to make it for the PS3 and not just be a lousy port would require a lot more resources (that I don't think they have) and a lot more time (that I doubt they can afford). Basically, add a couple of years extra on the development time and they could probably have this out for the PS3 with Move controls and be an awesome game. Even if the sales would be great, the amount of time they've already spent on the Wii rendition would make it a huge waste of money.

It would be much easier, cost/time effective and beneficial overall for them to release this on the Wii and then either make a 'proper' port on the PS3 later (think No More Heroes: Paradise), or just work to have Conduit 3 be on PS3 or both platforms.
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/13/2010 12:27:47 PM
Why do people always assume that the first sold so poorly? I heard it sold quite well.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8StrongDeodorantPosted 4/13/2010 2:13:42 PM
It sold about 200 000 copies in total. To put that in perspective to other Wii games:

Wii Fit - 1 000 000+
Mario Kart- 1 000 000+
SSBB- 1 000 000+

I wouldn't call this game a success.
---
"Half of the people in the world are below average."
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/13/2010 2:47:01 PM
@deoderant

Wow, really now?
200K is VERY good for a new IP from a small independent developer.

The Conduit was VERY much a success.
#10Upod5Posted 4/13/2010 3:24:43 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID
Posted 4/13/2010 8:54:12 AM
"message detail From the reports Ive read so far, the pointer using move will actually de-sync.

Move is best for 3D motion tracking, but wii may have the advantage for pointer feature.

Also, move and Wii are both going to have their own quirks, its not like its GCN controller vs Dual Shock where you can just map the controls to new buttons. It would probably involve a little more works than HVS is willing to put into it.

And lastly, The user base for Move is currently Zero. We have no idea how successful its going to be.
there may not be enough purchasers to make the investment worth while. "

Wrong zipper interactive is making SOCOM4 with psmove and RE5 will get psmove support and LBP. But it would not be a good idea to put The Conduit 2 on ps3.
---
MOST HYPED GAME: RAGE (PS3)