I'm going to take this quote way too far.

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/13/2010 11:51:36 AM
RA: Instead of pacing the game similar to other mission based shooters such as Call of Duty, Atlantis seems to act as a sort of hub world between missions in The Conduit 2. Were there any specific games that inspired this type of level progression?
JO: We’re not going super-hub or open world sandbox with Atlantis, but we do want the player to have some choice in tackling the missions. You’ll return to Atlantis periodically throughout the game and be able to access different conduits to take you to different places. Beyond that, I don’t think there was any one game that inspired us to go this route. It’s certainly not a new thing – the latest Wolfenstein did something similar – we just thought it was a cool idea that gave the player a bit more choice.

And assume that there are going to be some awesome "pick it apart" superenemies/midbosses and such.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#2The_ShaderPosted 4/13/2010 1:10:59 PM
pick it apart? meaning destroying parts of its body? yeah, its been meantioned that you can do that to normal enemies even.

By the way...
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil had a thing like atlantis. A place to use portals to get to next levels. Although, you couldn't randomly choose them i think... hard to remember.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#3DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2010 6:32:06 PM
A lot of games have. Mario 64 did. I'm hoping it's like that, actually.

But, I mean a certain kind of enemy where you can only damage certain parts of it at first, and then onece you get rid of those, other parts become vulnerable. It seems like a pain to have enemies like this pop up everywhere, but they tend to go down pretty quick, and it really helps to break up the shoot-dash-shoot-dash.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4Combo_Breaker1Posted 4/14/2010 3:43:07 AM
Sounds cool amirite
---
CODMW FC- 3134-6314-9279
#5stufa1978Posted 4/14/2010 4:55:38 AM
Does anyone remember Hexen?

That was a FPS that took hubs way too far.

The armor thing sounds good to me. I'd imagine you'd see drugde plates being knocked off and revealing feeble under structures.
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#6SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/14/2010 5:19:56 AM

Does anyone remember Hexen?

That was a FPS that took hubs way too far.

The armor thing sounds good to me. I'd imagine you'd see drugde plates being knocked off and revealing feeble under structures.

Heretic > Hexen

But oddly enough, I actually preferred Witchaven to either of them... at the time at least...
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.