So when you get online, how are you going to play?

#1stufa1978Posted 4/14/2010 5:31:30 AM
Ok the classes are annoying some fans of TCon1.

I personally like the ideas. They should offer more variety than just attackers and defenders (and kill cattle). Mind you that's always been the good thing of just about all vs FPS. The allowence of character.

How will you play Con2?

I like the idea of hanging back with a medi gun. Or maybe set traps and sentry guns. I was never good at attacking. I'm not that great at defence either but I have my moments.

So what will you do in a Con2 match?
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#2Cleon3600Posted 4/14/2010 6:47:19 AM
Sudden death class.

I'm going to equip the defense perk and the longer sprint perk. My tactic would be to just sprint towards the enemy as fast as possible, then leave the rest to my melee attack.

It's sounds useful the more you think about it...
#3Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/14/2010 7:35:57 AM
Yeah, and then put on Improved Bullet Damage as well. These perks will present some tough balance issues... And as for how I would play, I think I would have one class that's versatile to test the waters at the start of the game (see what classes other people are using, how good they are, etc) with a decently upgraded SCAR and Strike Rifle. From there, I would decide whether I should move to my sniper class (Phase Rifle and probably SPAS in case I get discovered) or maybe even a noob class (if the other team is doing the same thing or they're too good lol) with a SMAW and a Carbonizer (I would use this sparingly; I like sniping better).

I think that there's a hardcore mode with no lock-on and weapon drops for those who insist on playing "sans classes" though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Also, on a kind of related side note, spam Nintendo with emails saying that they should let HVS put splitscreen+online in the game, because at the moment it's looking like it won't be implemented because of NIntendo's stupidity.
#4Aile_WingPosted 4/14/2010 9:55:22 AM
Hmm... Well, for me, guess I'd use the extra ammo perk and... argh, I don't know. I don't know what perks will be in what categories.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/14/2010 10:00:32 AM
I don't know how many perks you'll get...

But I'd pretty much enjoy being a berserker.
So high speed, maybe if there is a higher jump perk... and a better attack.
#6NoblWolfPosted 4/14/2010 10:07:25 AM
Balls to the motha******* walls. I'm a natural at videogames. So, I'm sure I'll get used to the gameplay after a few rounds. Depending on what the suit upgrades are though, I may be a flanker/rusher. If the sniper is good then I may sit back and pick off a few people.
---
MWii FC1650-8600-6579 IGN-*]NoblWolf (1 Ninja'd 500 Topic)
Very Excite for Metroid: Other M and TCon2
#7Jagr_68Posted 4/14/2010 10:27:50 AM
I have no idea what category this ranks in, but I'm quite used to having my teammates charge on to attract gunfire while I snipe other unsuspecting enemies.
Cowardly I'll admit, but getting 15 straight kills will always make you feel better about it :)
---
Wii Number (3017-8342-2230-8308)
Conduit FC : 3051 5364 1983 - Darman
#8SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/14/2010 10:31:58 AM
I'd probably stick with some of the following, if there are options for them (not sure of the combo yet, as that depends which ones I have access to):

-faster sprinting speed
-faster rate of fire
-larger weapon clip
-faster weapon reload
-higher defense
-more powerful weapons
-faster stamina recovery / longer sprinting time / more stamina (assuming they have a Stamina-like system that drains as you sprint)

Basically, if you can have multiple classes and swap between them at any point, I'll have one with some of the above to fit my rushing nature, then probably mix a few more to be a kind of 'tank/healer'. Though, the one that has bullets heal damage, I wonder if that: 1) works with explosive weapons, 2) explosives can 'heal' multiple targets, and 3) explosives can cause you to heal yourself if done at close range.
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.
#9stufa1978(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2010 12:32:01 PM
It's amazing how in the first game you category sorta picks you.

I've tried the run and gun. I've tried to act as direct back up for the better players. I'm at my best (if you can call it that) when I'm defending or distracting enemies rather than directly confronting them.

As much as folk hate 'nades I got pretty good with them too. I've got some ace players hiding behind cover by chucking a bomb or two at the ceiling. And in the sanctum, How many have fell to by standing near the window. So many forget the ability to rebound granades.

In the Portal, I remember discussing with the hardcore TCon players about encounters with the best of campers. Needless to say they hate them.

There was a brilliant camper. His intention was not to get the most kills or even streaks. He wanted to just not die at all. At first I thought this fellow was cheating, what with his scores. Because I was determined just to see if this chap was cheaping us. I managed to get him a few times. Funny thing is, I think he liked the mutual respect we had.

Those are my favorite opponents.
---
#10stufa1978(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2010 12:33:34 PM
Sorry.

I also thank the good HVS for putting in the 4p Split screen mode. Now t leat we can experiment some more before going in the field.
---