I wish their is a Kick System.

#31UltimateFlame13Posted 4/15/2010 4:13:37 PM

People rating people 1 star for the heck of it?
If that was going to be a problem for my idea, it would be a problem for a kick system too.

Not really. Kicking would probably be done with a majority vote. You're less likely to find 6 or 7 players in one match that all want you gone just for laughs than 1 or 2 people every match giving you a 1 star rating because they feel like it. Obviously this wouldn't happen to everyone, but even if it happens to every 1/10 people that play that's still a problem. You're idea isn't necessarily bad, but it has flaws that could easily make it ineffective.
#32CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/15/2010 4:14:28 PM
hmmm, yeah...
I guess it being permanent probably won't work.

Darn.
#33DerPancakePosted 4/15/2010 6:48:55 PM

K guys. Info.

We had a kick system implemented but Nintendo did indeed make us take it out.

EA got away with ONE game to use there servers VIA special permission and lots of $$$.

As far as I know, Nintendo is not letting any American company use there own servers from this point on.

We have to use Nintendo's servers so we have to use there rules.

Coming from a STEAM using dedicated server used to dev team, believe me we are squeezing in everything we can :)

-Tony

FIFA 2008 and FIFA 2009 use EA servers, and you can kick there too.
---
CoDReflex FC: 5252-3599-0696_____Conduit FC: 4511-8234-6573
---> TnO|Pancake <---
#34CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/15/2010 9:11:05 PM
the more I think about it... the more I think DarkBeta is right.
I think a kick system would probably be ineffective and unnecessary.

Ninty gamers have been dealing with hackers and glitchers very effectively since 2005 using the same method.
Private games.

I think the BEST thing HVS could do, Is give us the options we need for private games so that we'll be able rely on them, and not be entirely dependent on public games.
Isn't this what has really fueled the clan community on WFC?

I think that is what Con2 Really needs.
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/15/2010 9:26:10 PM
That, and a conveniently placed bit of networking code that wasn't "included" in the final game, but "somehow" made it on to the disk, and "some people" accidentally found it, and hacked a private server, accessible via cheats/a custom loader/whatever.
Yeah, that would be swell<3
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#36CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/15/2010 11:11:02 PM
I would think it would be better if HVS gained Nintendo's favor :p
#37DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/15/2010 11:39:19 PM
They'd be in debt up to their ears if they tried, I think...
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.