The LAN situation.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/15/2010 4:17:31 PM
I remember there was some talk about LAN when Tcon was in development, but it didn't happen because Nintendo required something that would defeat the purpose or something?

Does anybody remember what the situation was?
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/15/2010 4:24:52 PM
Nintendo asked for them to take the LAN functionality out, IIRC. Probably to prevent private servers that children could use to get online and have a functional experience on, because as we all know, kids should never have a functional experience online, as it always leads to pedorape.

I'd love to see it, but it probably won't happen because it opens up the possibility of a tunneled server, which negates Nintendo's ****ty online service.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 4:30:30 PM
I thought it was something like... LAN would have to log into WFC or something that basically made LAN no different than normal online.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/15/2010 4:37:26 PM
Well, if LAN had to go through WFC, it could still be hacked for tunneling, and people could actually have fun with local play and high quality game features.
More likely that they required that the game function the same offline as it would online so that online wouldn't seem so godawful in comparison.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/15/2010 4:42:27 PM
I think that it had to ping the remote server or something like that, so it would be no different. Seems a little dumb to include the option for the system and then have it no different than regular online...
#6CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 4:46:43 PM
Even if the features were no different.

If there was no lag, it would be worth it to hook up and play.