Online splitscreen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Online splitscreen?
5 years ago#1
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/67276/the-conduit-2/images/the-conduit-2-20100415052519969.html?page=mediaFull

Two player splitscreen, and yet the scenary doesn't match. The top player is shooting at someone, but clearly not the bottom player...
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
5 years ago#2
Currently we are testing VIA lan for internal testing so that's where that pic comes from.

LAN play allowance is currently up to Nintendo :)
5 years ago#3
yesssssssss
---
~RaLoZ~
5 years ago#4
Good luck getting it running, and hope that the latency works out. :p
You guys are going all out with this, huh?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
5 years ago#5

HVSTony posted...
Currently we are testing VIA lan for internal testing so that's where that pic comes from.

LAN play allowance is currently up to Nintendo :)

Perhaps you could forget to secure this undocumented feature in the final build?

5 years ago#6

DarkZV2Beta posted...
Good luck getting it running, and hope that the latency works out. :p
You guys are going all out with this, huh?
---

By Lan, he's talking about a local network of Wiis, not an internet connection.

5 years ago#7
So then it is possible to use Wii's in a lan??

i never thought that was possible! So like a system link for 360?

If this is true and online splitscreen comes true (for reg matches not co-op) then hooking up 3 Wii's shall be fun... lets hope, i have never heard of this for Wii...
5 years ago#8
I know what LAN is. But, if the netcode works well enough, it can be used to take it online, which I think is the reason for testing via LAN.

And yes, the Wii is very much capable of LAN play. Just a matter of Nintendo letting it happen. Cube could hook up for LAN play, too.
---
5 years ago#9

DarkZV2Beta posted...
I know what LAN is. But, if the netcode works well enough, it can be used to take it online, which I think is the reason for testing via LAN.

And yes, the Wii is very much capable of LAN play. Just a matter of Nintendo letting it happen. Cube could hook up for LAN play, too.
---

Lag will be a much, much bigger issue for WiFi though, especially if it's a secure point to point protocal which has much more overhead than your typical local area network. I wouldn't expect split screen WiFi matches.

5 years ago#10

The_Noah01 posted...
So then it is possible to use Wii's in a lan??

i never thought that was possible! So like a system link for 360?

If this is true and online splitscreen comes true (for reg matches not co-op) then hooking up 3 Wii's shall be fun... lets hope, i have never heard of this for Wii...

You never hear about it because Nintendo doesn't allow it for some really bizzar reason. HVS wanted LAN in the first game.

1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Online splitscreen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived