Online splitscreen?

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/15/2010 8:47:22 PM
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/67276/the-conduit-2/images/the-conduit-2-20100415052519969.html?page=mediaFull

Two player splitscreen, and yet the scenary doesn't match. The top player is shooting at someone, but clearly not the bottom player...
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#2HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/15/2010 8:49:35 PM
Currently we are testing VIA lan for internal testing so that's where that pic comes from.

LAN play allowance is currently up to Nintendo :)
#3RichieGamerPosted 4/15/2010 8:50:18 PM
yesssssssss
---
~RaLoZ~
#4DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 8:56:01 PM
Good luck getting it running, and hope that the latency works out. :p
You guys are going all out with this, huh?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5psychobrewPosted 4/15/2010 9:09:32 PM

HVSTony posted...
Currently we are testing VIA lan for internal testing so that's where that pic comes from.

LAN play allowance is currently up to Nintendo :)

Perhaps you could forget to secure this undocumented feature in the final build?

#6psychobrewPosted 4/15/2010 9:10:42 PM

DarkZV2Beta posted...
Good luck getting it running, and hope that the latency works out. :p
You guys are going all out with this, huh?
---

By Lan, he's talking about a local network of Wiis, not an internet connection.

#7The_Noah01Posted 4/15/2010 9:14:51 PM
So then it is possible to use Wii's in a lan??

i never thought that was possible! So like a system link for 360?

If this is true and online splitscreen comes true (for reg matches not co-op) then hooking up 3 Wii's shall be fun... lets hope, i have never heard of this for Wii...
#8DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 9:18:33 PM
I know what LAN is. But, if the netcode works well enough, it can be used to take it online, which I think is the reason for testing via LAN.

And yes, the Wii is very much capable of LAN play. Just a matter of Nintendo letting it happen. Cube could hook up for LAN play, too.
---
#9psychobrewPosted 4/15/2010 9:35:17 PM

DarkZV2Beta posted...
I know what LAN is. But, if the netcode works well enough, it can be used to take it online, which I think is the reason for testing via LAN.

And yes, the Wii is very much capable of LAN play. Just a matter of Nintendo letting it happen. Cube could hook up for LAN play, too.
---

Lag will be a much, much bigger issue for WiFi though, especially if it's a secure point to point protocal which has much more overhead than your typical local area network. I wouldn't expect split screen WiFi matches.

#10psychobrewPosted 4/15/2010 9:36:51 PM

The_Noah01 posted...
So then it is possible to use Wii's in a lan??

i never thought that was possible! So like a system link for 360?

If this is true and online splitscreen comes true (for reg matches not co-op) then hooking up 3 Wii's shall be fun... lets hope, i have never heard of this for Wii...

You never hear about it because Nintendo doesn't allow it for some really bizzar reason. HVS wanted LAN in the first game.