map editor anyone?

#1Neo-ganonPosted 4/17/2010 3:14:02 PM

There should be a map editor in this game for multiplayer. I can imagine it being like the map maker from time splitters 2. And you can upload your own custom maps online so that other players can enjoy them.

Think about it, it would be sick.

#2Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/17/2010 4:58:35 PM
Even if the Wii could handle a feature like this in addition to all the others that HVS is going to put in, I doubt Nintendo would allow it, as it would 1-up all of their first-party titles. Nintendo hates it when 3rd parties do that.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/17/2010 5:09:42 PM
Uhhhhhhhh...

I don't think 1-up factor has anything to do with it. Brawl has an editor, and while some people might not think that's what an editor should be, It is what nintendo wanted it to be. and they are not so insecure as that.
The only thing Nintendo might not allow is playing them online.

And I don't see any reason why wii couldn't handle it.

But... An editor would probably be a LOT of work. It doesn't work within the existing game engine, they'd have to make new controls, and completely new interface...
New animations, Probably new models, or avatars of existing models.
Basically, to make an editor would be like making a new game.
It would be a small game, but it would have to be built up from basically ground zero.

ALL that would drain HVS resources, and take away from other aspects.

While I would ultimatly like the franchise to explore editors, I DO NOT want HVS to spent their money their at this time. There are other priorities.
#4Green_TunicPosted 4/17/2010 5:22:30 PM

From: Valdimir_Drega | Posted: 4/17/2010 4:58:35 PM | #002
Even if the Wii could handle a feature like this in addition to all the others that HVS is going to put in, I doubt Nintendo would allow it, as it would 1-up all of their first-party titles. Nintendo hates it when 3rd parties do that.

So what about games like Boom Blox 2?
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/ (mah videogame blog)
#5incognito3Posted 4/17/2010 6:43:03 PM
irony, i was just playing TS2 a few minutes ago. ROFL.
I think High Voltage Software can learn alot from TS2, which i believe is one of the best FPS of all time.
Thier was nothing game breaking in it, i do wish it had multiplayer though.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/17/2010 9:06:21 PM
TimeSplitters 2?
The whole series had multiplayer, didn't it?

And I always thought Future Perfect had the best map editor and control options.

Anyway, it'd be pretty hard to get it all running at a decent framerate, and it would be pretty limited no doubt. I'd love to see it, but Time Splitters games were never exactly "pretty", and that went a long way in keeping the framerate up.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7incognito3Posted 4/17/2010 10:43:56 PM
oh i meant online multiplayer, sorry for confusion.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4
#8BainesPosted 4/18/2010 12:55:41 AM
TimeSplitters games were pretty enough for all their other features. It also helped that they used a more cartoonish art-style.

I'd trade graphics for things like a quality map editor and good bot support. (Not that TimeSplitters had good bots. The TS bots were horrible. But you could have a lot of them, and they were so bad that it passed into the realm of funny.)
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/18/2010 8:43:04 AM
True, but the visual style of The Conduit is pretty set-in already. I doubt they'd want to change it for a new feature, even if it would be awesome.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/18/2010 3:23:16 PM
I don't really care about a map editor, to be honest. Make one if they have the time, but if not, forget about it.