Soo, those IGN Screen for C2 make the game look just awful HVS Tony

#11DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2010 6:23:07 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/image/947068.html?gs=175 "pre-alpha"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/image/947068.html?gs=115 release build
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/089/991817_20100331_screen001.jpg

A close examination between the "pre-alpha" and release build shows some minor tweaking, higher resolution textures, and some minor changes to models. Ultimately, the tech in the "pre-alpha" build isn't far behind what was in the release build. However, when comparing to the original build, as demonstrated in a certain video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYb2Uq4keNk), you can see the improvements of the release/"pre-alpha" build over the actual original testing build, which would have been the Alpha build.
In The Conduit 2, we again see minor tweaking, some new effects, and larger environments, with the core engine seeing some supposed improvements, and, more importantly, the developer having more experience with the engine.

What does all this mean to YOU?
1: The Pre-Alpha thing is a marketing gimmick. It's there to get you hyped so you buy the game and give HVS your money.(Which they deserve anyway.) Get over it.
2: The graphics in Conduit 2 will not largely improve on what was seen in the original. However, they will be more consistently "good", and the atmosphere and artistic assets will improve due to more attention.
3: Most likely, the multiplayer visuals will see the largest improvement, seeing as they were, more or less, watered down texture rips from the campaign put onto very simple gemoetrical maps with some environment models thrown about.
4: Hopefully, the framerate will improve as well.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#12Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/19/2010 6:53:43 PM
If the level of improvement on C2 is as drastic as the video of TCon that was given, the final C2 is going to look great. Plus, IMHO, TCon looks a lot better than many people give it credit for. There just werent enough scenery objects and dynamic backgrounds to balance with the sheen character and alien models, especially in the multiplayer maps.

Give it some time, and don't expect grapical quality that's on par with the 360. The lower your expectation, the more HVS can surprise you in the end.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#13FPS1337Posted 4/19/2010 7:04:38 PM
i don't get what's so bad about them. they look good IMO just the backgrounds are a little rigid.
#14ScottTheRockGodPosted 4/19/2010 7:15:24 PM
I agree with DarkZ on the whole pre-alpha thing, I HATE it when people say "you wait, it's gonna look sooo much better, they're just pre-alpha screens...". If you don't like what you see now, chances are you won't be impressed when the game is released. But to the TC- you obviously have rediculous expectations, because this game looks great so far for a Wii game.
---
--SFU-Six Feet Under owns you!-SFU--
#15ScottTheRockGodPosted 4/19/2010 7:16:18 PM
I agree with DarkZ on the whole pre-alpha thing, I HATE it when people say "you wait, it's gonna look sooo much better, they're just pre-alpha screens...". If you don't like what you see now, chances are you won't be impressed when the game is released. But to the TC- you obviously have rediculous expectations, because this game looks great so far for a Wii game.
---
--SFU-Six Feet Under owns you!-SFU--
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2010 10:06:48 PM
If the level of improvement on C2 is as drastic as the video of TCon that was given

It won't be. Tony even said that the tech is pretty much done, and that they're focusing more on the gameplay, especially the multiplayer this time, as well as atmosphere and artistic assets.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#17Infinity8378Posted 4/19/2010 10:26:21 PM
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/67276/the-conduit-2/images/the-conduit-2-20100415105259578.html
#18The_ShaderPosted 4/20/2010 12:33:58 AM
the Vortex Cannon/Blaster has a **** load of moving parts if you look at it in action in the screenshots. just by seeing that, i can tell ALOT is gonna be better.

like .... so much, The Conduit will look like some sorta Beta Demo.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/20/2010 12:42:12 AM
How do you know they're moving?
---
#20filming4fun000Posted 4/20/2010 3:27:26 AM
The first screens for COD Reflex were pre-alpha. The game looked damn good when it was finished.
---
Now Playing: Endless Ocean 2 (Wii), Sonic and Sega: All-Stars Racing (Wii)
Recommendations: Red Steel 2 (Wii), God of War 3 (PS3)