Soo, those IGN Screen for C2 make the game look just awful HVS Tony

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/20/2010 5:31:21 AM
No it didn't. It looked terrible. It looked worse than the PC version on the weakest settings.
The only real change between the first few released screenshots and the final build was that the early screenshots had low resolution character skins, and the final version had average resolution character skins.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#22stufa1978Posted 4/20/2010 7:00:20 AM
C2 looks fine to me thus far.
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#23HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/20/2010 8:33:08 AM
"The Pre-Alpha thing is a marketing gimmick. "

Incorrect. Those are internal milestones that gamedevs use to gauge the content completion of the game. Alpha means that the game is playable from start to finish even if no art is final and design hasn't locked down final level flow. Essentially it means that the game can be played to the end with no crashes. There can still be parts of art that are even grey, animations not finished, cinemas are placeholder, AI not tweaked etc.

We are currently pre-alpha so we are not even at that stage yet.

-Tony
#24HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/20/2010 8:35:11 AM
Also Dark that first image you posted was in no way pre-alpha from C1. That was actually closer to beta.

-Tony
#25MC_Brian1Posted 4/20/2010 12:17:59 PM
Hey Dark, I thought MWR looked pretty awesome. The textures were pretty good and the first person gun models were great. It was just... dull, and the character models were lacking. But it wasn't terrible.

The game should definitely look good by the time it's released. I'm also curious as to how you know all that about the Vortex Cannon when we haven't gotten a video, Shader...
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#26jje116Posted 4/20/2010 12:26:39 PM
yeah i also thought cod reflex graphics were fine. it had some nice basic lighting, and it was pretty sharp most of the time. just lacked a lot of the environmental lighting effects and richness of the other versions.
---
Holy Jeezus!
#27The_ShaderPosted 4/20/2010 1:17:04 PM
thanks for the info Tony! now i got a better grasp of the development stages...

so i guess right now HVS is working on the E3 demo...
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader
#28TulkiPosted 4/20/2010 3:18:12 PM
The game doesn't use anti-aliasing, so of course the screenshots look poor. Games that are not anti-aliased look significantly better in motion.
---
I laughed so hard I threw up! :D
<Proud interceptor of high-fives>
#29ScottTheRockGodPosted 4/20/2010 5:02:52 PM
Not trying to dispute what you say about the pre-alpha thing Tony [after all, its your game not mine] but are you basically telling us the game will look a lot better then in the final build?
---
--SFU-Six Feet Under owns you!-SFU--
#30CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/20/2010 5:25:09 PM
it will undoubtedly look better to tony, because he will know where all the improvements have been made.
To us, who are familiar with Tcon, it may look better by comparison.
And more casual Tcon players, or people who never played Tcon at all, they may not be able to see a difference at all.

I think the best way to describe the graphics of Tcon, without going into detail, or having to deal with any of the stuff mentioned before would be to say the game will probably look a lot fuller.