... For A Wii Game.

#1BlitzkriegOSUPosted 4/19/2010 7:24:23 PM
This game's gonna have some pretty robust online play... for a Wii game.
It really seems like this game's gonna look great... for a Wii game.
I think that this'll sell really well... for a Wii game.

I'm tired of constantly hearing this qualifier. If the game is good, it's good for any system. Conduit 2--no, all games for that matter--should be judged on their own merit and before being compared side-by-side with the offerings that are so very often unrelated.

I'll no doubt be dropping my fifty dollars... for a Wii game.
---
my only regret... is that I have.. bone-itis.
I'm with Coco
#2RichieGamerPosted 4/19/2010 7:25:43 PM
I was looking...for a Wii game.
---
~RaLoZ~
#3drummerkid38Posted 4/19/2010 7:26:49 PM
*wipes away tear*
---
Currently Playing: Modern Warfare Reflex
FC: 0363-1767-1144-SlyFox
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2010 10:03:42 PM
This game doesn't look good for current generation standards.
It's online won't be good for anything but a Wii game unless people seriously start *****ing at Nintendo.
Wii games sell pretty damn well so WTF are you on with that one.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5BlitzkriegOSU(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2010 11:09:58 PM

This game doesn't look good for current generation standards.
It's online won't be good for anything but a Wii game unless people seriously start *****ing at Nintendo.
Wii games sell pretty damn well so WTF are you on with that one.

You're not getting the point.
No one needs you to tell them that the Wii doesn't have the capacity for the highest end graphics.
No one needs you to tell them that the Wii's online capabilities aren't on par with other platforms.
It's been beaten to death.
What I'm saying is that HVS is working within its limitations. We're constantly reminded of those limitations, and it's getting redundant. Conduit 2 will not try to be the things to which it's being compared. Why compare them?
---
my only regret... is that I have.. bone-itis.
I'm with Coco
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2010 11:29:08 PM
Why not?
If you don't like a discussion, don't join in it. There's nothing forcing you to compare, or care about other people's comparisons, and complaints about these are entirely pointless. Let people do what they want.

Also, you don't really see much "for a wii game" around here anyway, unless it's a troll, which most people ignore anyway.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/19/2010 11:35:55 PM
^^^
Too true.

When I was talking to N-space they had similar complaints, N-space makes the COD games for DS, and reviews for them tend to be filled with comments like that.
"Good shooter for a handheld"
People will do a side by side comparison of COD for 360, and COD for DS, of course DS gets jipped.

Some people will go, "which version of COD is better, Ps3, 360, Or DS?"
Its its own unique game that is built up on a unique platform that offers its own experience.

Wii fits into that as well, especially with games like Tcon.
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/19/2010 11:36:27 PM
Whoops, Dark was too fast for me D:
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2010 11:53:33 PM
It's worth noting that CoDWaW and CoDMWM had serious issues, and were substandard, not just as games, but as Nintendo DS First Person Shooters.
And that takes a lot.
---
#10The_ShaderPosted 4/20/2010 12:29:14 AM
i dont know what to add to this except, Conduit 2 looks to be a far superior sequel. With some hack prevention and looked over maps and textures... its gonna be just a really good game. by 360 standards.

as for people liking and hating, its preference. No its not gonna look REAL just pretty. Red Steel 2 has the same or even better cel shaded graphics then Borderlands.
its preference and opinion... i expect an 8 or 9 from Conduit 2.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit= 5113-1194-6759 Name= Shader