In game video editor.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/21/2010 12:42:04 PM
Ok, so yesterday I was in a discussion about music for montages.

A lot of people enjoy making montages.
I was thinking how cool it would be if there were game songs written specifically for montages, Because I've always loved in game music, and I think using the music from the game can add a really nice effect.

Anyway, going off the idea, I was thinking of what other cool things you could do to make montages easier... As far as things like being able to save replays, and/or being able to manipulate the camera, or perhaps even the ability to export the replay as a video file to the SD card!

That's when I thought of something really interesting...
The amount of data you are working with when its a game file, vs when its a video file are pretty significant.
2 min of replay data might be only a few Kb, where as a full resolution video file might be as much as 30Mb.
It seems to me that editing could be done much more efficiently using game data, rather than video data. It seems like it would be so much easier!
To make a real good video the way things are now, you're going to need:
Capture card
video editing software
a computer that got the power to do the editing.
and the hard drive space to store ALL the raw video footage.

But, if you were to make video editing software In game... You would not need to deal with video files At all!
You could save replays, Edit the data, share and distribute it... All using replay data.
There is already a number of cools ways to share user generated content on the WFC.
In fact... That's one of the few things Nintendo seems to really like using online for.
Just look at miis, warioware DIY, Flipnote studio.

I don't think this is anything that HVS would be capable of putting into Con2, but I do think something like this would be a very interesting prospect for the future.
Its something that, as far as I'm aware, no other game has. and I think it would be something that would get a lot of attention and praise from gamers.
#2Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/21/2010 2:27:12 PM
While you can't really download replay video or edit the video on your PS3. Uncharted 2 has a mode that's pretty much exactly like what you've described and more. I'm not sure that the Wii can handle something like this. I wish it could because I don't like the idea of having to hack in order to make a decent Machinima of the game.

Video capture cards, computers, and editing software are pretty much a given for things like this. I would prefer that HVS concentrate on the game itself rather than include a full blown video-editing program. The only thing that I would request is access to some manner of debug camera in order to view match replays, even if they're only private match replays and you have to specifically tell the Wii to store replay data after a match.

Makes for easier machinima possibilities, and I love to work on machinimas.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#3SupahShnipaPosted 4/21/2010 3:46:55 PM
I think they should make the game as great as it can be first. Who wants video's of a crappy game?
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#4HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/21/2010 4:18:03 PM
Already talked about this in detail in the HVS network.

Check it out for a complete answer.

-Tony
#5wiiztecPosted 4/21/2010 5:01:04 PM
Lol crapture cards get a DVD Recorder
---
wH wiiztec member of Wii Hunters www.clanwh.com
My IQ is 118 but I sometimes lower it down to 92 Teh EnGhoY LipHe's MorE StuPIdesT PLeasZureS LoLz!
#6CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2010 6:55:13 PM
Hate to bump this one too but...

"Already talked about this in detail in the HVS network.

Check it out for a complete answer."

Does anybody know where I can find this?
I looked around, but without success.
Help appreciated.
#7ammartin08Posted 4/30/2010 9:03:22 PM
I agree. Link please? and do I have to have a username there to see content?
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu
#8N64FTWxDPosted 4/30/2010 9:15:16 PM
This isn't needed. I'd rather just have them develop better stuff. Either get window's movie maker, or AVS video editor.
#9Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/30/2010 9:50:50 PM
Well, there was a conversation about this on chat, but here's part of it on Tony's comments page (there's also a bit on page 10).

http://hvs-network.ning.com/profiles/commen/list?attachedToType=UserattachedTo=2nyjdev0u9tmu&page=12