Perks as Killstreaks.

#1naruto3336Posted 4/21/2010 1:45:04 PM

I was thinking that perks could be kill streaks. Meaning you can unlock them or use them for a limited time once you get a certain kill streak. Since you have the option to customize these, they can be customizable kill streaks. Also using these as perks as kill streaks mean they could be slightly overpowered since people can only use them for a certain time.

This is just an idea, not really something that I want to be in the final game for sure. It is up to what you guys think about it.

#2BainesPosted 4/21/2010 2:27:24 PM
I never really liked the idea of in-match rewards for kill streaks. A kill streak means you've probably already got a point advantage, and then the game rewards you for it by helping you kill the other guys even *faster*?
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#3Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/21/2010 3:33:30 PM
Killstreaks need not extend beyond the realm of EXP bonuses. It's rewarding, but it doesn't ruin the experience for other players. That was one thing I couldn't stand about CoD4, W@W, and especially MW2.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#4Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/21/2010 3:45:44 PM
Agreed: Kill streaks should only reward players with extra EXP.
#5Tony90908Posted 4/21/2010 5:22:55 PM
I disagree. No to Kill streaks of any sort.
---
TKO Tony
PSN:FrostedFlakes141
#6SupahShnipaPosted 4/21/2010 8:59:30 PM
If you're good enough to get a good Kill Streak, why would you need a bonus?

Bonuses would be fine for something Team-Based. Like defend your base, get an orbital stike. Bad example I know, but you should get the idea.

---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#7GenericCommentsPosted 4/21/2010 9:00:55 PM
orbital strike

lol space LAZAR
---
I'm not changing this Sig until Resident Feeble...4 gets an update.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz0PaPpmGa8
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/21/2010 10:51:05 PM
I think getting a little arrow over your head saying you got X kills since you last died wouldn't hurt, either.
Say, 0-4, no arrow, 5-9, transparent grey-blue, 10-19, full grey-blue, 20-29, black, 30-39, green, 40-49, red, 50-69, flashing golden, 70-99, flashing pink that shows through walls, 100+, an objective marker on every player's screen pointing right at you while your health slowly drains.
Great way to show off in the middle of a game, and this is of course on top of the exp bonus. On top of that, killing players with certain arrows will yield better point rewards. Say, 10 for no arrow, 12 for trans grey-blue, 15 for full grey-blue, 20 for black, 25 for green, 30 for red, 40 for golden, 50 for pink, and and 100 for the objective marker. Gives the player a reward for going after the winners even when they aren't.
Also, a point rank system like hunters might be nice, where you start out getting, say, 10 ranking points for killing someone your own level, and 20 for someone one above you, 50 for someone two above you, 100 for someone three above you, and 500 for someone at the max rank, with 5 different ranks.(seperate from levels.) And then only 1 point for killing someone three or more levels below you, 2 for two, and 5 for one. No subtracting points for losses, cuz that's what made everyone so pissy in MPH, making them run outside to outrun their router when they're losing.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9SupahShnipaPosted 4/23/2010 2:34:20 PM
Thats a good idea. It should be your TEAM not YOU getting points.

"lol space LAZAR"
=P
Star Wars:Battlefront FTW!

---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#10Sudsy86_Posted 4/24/2010 4:29:03 PM

I argued for this before on the original Tcon board. But I specifically mentioned HIGH kill streaks resulting in these powerups ( 15-20 for first). The perks would be increased speed, higher jumping, and increased melee strength. These would last for 30 seconds. I like the idea. Make it less realistic.