Weapons that seem weirdly strong in multiplayer...

#11Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/22/2010 7:57:07 AM
"carbonizer is also overpowered"

Especially when glitchers use that stupid instakill glitch where they use like two ammo and kill you in half a second.
#12SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/22/2010 9:18:47 AM
Warp Pistol is because of the fact that, unlike most guns, it actually does the most damage when you miss the target. You can OHK someone if the main shot misses them, but most of the scatter shots from the rebound hit them (with the charge). Also, because the shots bounce a few times, it makes the weapon very useful in tight places. I can't remember how many times I've played in the Infirmary with the WP and either killed someone from around the corner or got killed from around the corner. Plus, it reminds me of my favorite weapon from the UT games (Flak Cannon), so that's a plus too.

The Deatomizer is another one that is peculiar with the charged shot. Like most 'explosive' weapons, you generally want to aim at the target's feet so the splash damage can still hurt them if they move. But, with the way the charged shot works, you can also use it around corners and in funny ways.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the turret, especially if you are able to have the turret's view point and your own at the same time.
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.
#13IMA1337_FearMePosted 4/23/2010 7:08:18 PM
im looking forward to the vortex cannon. of course, they will have to add charging delay and ammo loss like the carbonizer to balance it out
---
this is called a sentence, you should like put them in your sig and stuff.
98% of people do not have real sentences in their sigs.
#14MicroOmegaManPosted 4/24/2010 7:25:17 PM
I can't really think of one that I think is weirdly strong, but I feel like people don't even consider the TPC Launcher during Explosives. Depending on the opponents and how itchy their trigger fingers are, having access to 9 more shots is priceless.
---
If the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer; if the game gets a bad score, bash the game. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams
#15BlaeuPosted 4/25/2010 2:21:40 AM
The WP was much more useful in MP than SP. In SP, too many other guns killed more quickly just because they had stronger ammo, or better sights, etc. However, in MP the ability to bounce single shots around walls made the WP the best gun in the game. It gave you total map control since, unless they had a WP as well, you could fire at them without giving them the ability to fire back.

WP FTW.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#16SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/26/2010 8:35:21 AM

The WP was much more useful in MP than SP. In SP, too many other guns killed more quickly just because they had stronger ammo, or better sights, etc. However, in MP the ability to bounce single shots around walls made the WP the best gun in the game. It gave you total map control since, unless they had a WP as well, you could fire at them without giving them the ability to fire back.

WP FTW.

OMG, you actually showed up!

BTW, you need to play C2 when it comes out so the BAP can keep its namesake... and because we need more awesome players.
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.
#17MC_Brian1Posted 4/26/2010 4:44:48 PM
^ I'll join BAP when TehC2 is out :D

And yeah I thought the WP was awesome even though I preferred the SR simply because I like the scope and the faster moving rounds. And to those saying the Carbonizer was overpowered, no not really, it's a power weapon and it's supposed to be strong.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#18Prime011Posted 4/26/2010 4:54:08 PM
Neither weapon is overpowered, they can be a bit glitchy though
---
Waiting for: MH3, Metroid: Other M, SMG2, and CON2!!!
Hebrews 11:1
#19Sudsy86_Posted 4/27/2010 5:57:46 PM

MC_Brian1 posted...
^ I'll join BAP when TehC2 is out :D

We'll need the originals to bring back the fun.