Hey, I wonder how HVSTony brings up these suggestions to HVS itself?

#1VermineaterPosted 4/22/2010 5:21:37 AM
Is he assigned to GFaqs duty (obviously not his main job), does it in his spare time, or what?

Hmmmm...
---
VE - Stuff makes me raeg! D:<
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#2Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/22/2010 7:48:55 AM
I think it's in his spare time, to be honest. Which is really awesome because I don't know other companies with devs who use their spare time to talk to the fans of their games and take suggestions/criticism.
#3HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/22/2010 8:40:07 AM
Nope all this is from the goodness of my heart :)

I usually stop by when im running a build and if there are ideas that are new, constructive, and well written, they get forwarded to the designers sitting 15 feet from me. If its something I can take care of and I like, I get it approved and get it done :)

-Tony
#4stufa1978Posted 4/22/2010 8:50:49 AM
How I wish my ideas would come to life.

Does anyone else feel that way?
My dream games just don't exsist yet. But I know they can and would work.

Anyway.
This is why we respect you Mr Tony.
you directy acknowledge we fans and tell us how it can be done and will it be done.

I hope some more devs take a page from your book soon.

I think we should nominate Mr Tony for some sort of award.

If nothing else it might make other devs say," Maybe we should go to the fan sites and talk to our fans...".
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#5Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/22/2010 1:06:48 PM
I still say they put in a playable/customizable female character model. There's not nearly enough of those in FPS games on all consoles.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#6twopinacoladasPosted 4/23/2010 2:56:34 PM
Its cool he takes the time to visit, I remember back in 2000 when I was on the TWINE N64 board there were a couple designers from Eurocom that would stop by and answer questions. They took suggestions for the new game Night Fire, I made a suggestion of having Bond go 3rd person for certain parts where the camera would come out. They actually did that in the game which was pretty cool although I don't know if it was directly because of my suggestion. I think I had the idea from seeing early Metroid Prime footage of the morph ball :P
---
GT:Perfect RJ
#7Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/23/2010 5:03:34 PM
Obviously I don't need a list or anything, but do you think you could tell us any of/the key fan suggestions that were implemented (if there are any/you're allowed to tell us)?
#8HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/23/2010 5:27:59 PM
1 - Split Screen
2 - More awesome

-Tony
#9SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 4/23/2010 5:56:57 PM

1 - Split Screen
2 - More awesome

-Tony

^
Truer words have never been spoken.
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.
#10ammartin08Posted 4/23/2010 6:33:59 PM

1 - Split Screen

It's amazing. Local MP is becoming less and less common from game developers, but you're saying that direct feedback from the consumers themselves led to local MP being put in the game.

And I would think, with my vast (read: nonexistent) knowledge of coding, local multiplayer would be a lot less intensive to program into a game, not to mention it having been done far earlier in the history of the industry than online play...
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu