One thing that would be great

#1SupahShnipaPosted 4/22/2010 4:54:09 PM
MP Beta; we can find Glitches, Balancing Issues, etc that where the downfall of the first.

It's the Wii though, so it probably wont happen.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#2RichieGamerPosted 4/22/2010 5:06:03 PM
There was a demo for MH3.
---
~RaLoZ~
#3_Azeal_Posted 4/22/2010 5:10:21 PM
Yeah, that really would help solve many glitch issues, as most are found within a few weeks of a games release.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
SW: "I cower in your presence, Az." <proof I'm awesome
#4SupahShnipa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2010 5:11:30 PM
Yea, US only (I think) and you had to pick it up yourself.

I would definitely go for a beta if was in Canada as well.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/22/2010 5:26:15 PM
I don't think HVS could afford to release a beta to thousand and thousands of people.
Beta releases sometimes seem to be fan service far more than a dev tool, and It sounds like a pretty expensive fan service that I doubt HVS can afford.

I don't really care for a beta release, but if that the best way to find bugs and glitches, than I'd be all for it.
The biggest problem I see is...
How efficient is it really?
How many people here have actually discovered glitches before?

If HVS were to do a beta release, I don't see any reason why it would need to be released to more than a couple hundred people who knew what they were doing.
#6MC_Brian1Posted 4/22/2010 6:26:46 PM
^ The players find the glitches, not the devs. This has been proven time and time again. It also helps the company to work on the balancing and networking. This is actually the entire point of the Halo Reach beta, networking.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#7TulkiPosted 4/22/2010 6:30:46 PM
The players find the glitches, not the devs. This has been proven time and time again. It also helps the company to work on the balancing and networking. This is actually the entire point of the Halo Reach beta, networking.

Haha, this is so true. It's the reason there ARE hired game-testers in the first place. Actual users who had nothing to do with the development of some program are far more likely to screw it up than someone who actually made it. (screwing it up being a good thing in this case.)
---
I laughed so hard I threw up! :D
<Proud interceptor of high-fives>
#8MyIronLungXPosted 4/22/2010 6:38:56 PM
That would work well.
---
Paranoid
#9Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/23/2010 4:57:49 PM
Yeah, a downloadable beta would be be nice. It would help get rid of all those damn hackers/glitchers, and maybe make connection speed better.
#10lukelinkPosted 4/23/2010 5:08:27 PM
Wouldn't it give hackers the ability to hack it before it came out and totally ruin it again?
---
./_\ Triforce grants 1 wish, not 3 cause it's not a genie...
/ \ / \Official Chief Lurker of the Zelda Wii WT boards