How's this idea for the alt-fire of the Deatomizer.

#11Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2010 7:29:05 PM
The point of it is that the weapon does nor need to be charged in order to anchor a shot to send the other around a corner. By having this V-shot, the first shot to hit a surface becomes the anchor while the other swings around.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/24/2010 7:33:42 PM
I know, but do you know how annoying it is getting a solid shot around someone with something tricky only to have it do minimal damage?
Shooting around corners is tricky. That's why it's the charged shot. Good damage, but you only get one shot.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#13Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2010 9:02:48 PM
But that's the thing. By the time you've charged the Deatomizer, the target may have already moved. With the alt-fire you could shoot weaker shots, but you wouldn't have to wait to charge it and you could fire several in succession. This way you could get at least some hits compared to none.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#14DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/24/2010 9:45:21 PM
Or, if you don't have it charge up, and just lower the ROF, you can keep the damage as something worthwhile for lining that shot up, instead of making it a pray'n spray spamfest.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#15Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2010 4:32:43 PM
Either idea, I suppose.
---
#16GenericCommentsPosted 4/25/2010 4:59:48 PM
What if the alt. fire could be a melee weapon?

Let's say that by turning on alt. fire a short stream of energy is generated by the deatomizer. Melee will now be replaced with a thrust or slash with said energy stream. While using the energy stream is on ammo supply is slowly depleted. An attack with energy stream will be much deadlier than a regular melee, possibly a one hit kill or critical condition. The energy stream could be turned on or off but is only usable in the alt. fire mode.

I like the idea of v-shots sounds good but useful only in medium-close range.
---
I'm not changing this Sig until Resident Feeble...4 gets an update.
http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/hola.jpg
#17Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2010 5:15:24 PM
^ That's not a bad idea either, and I do like it, but it doesn't add to what the Deatomizer is known for, and that is shooting around corners. My V-shot is was designed with shooting around corners in mind. It could be used like any other weapon, that is, shooting directly at someone, but it would be difficult (but not impossible) to do since no shots go in the direction of the crosshairs. But that's all right because that's not what I envisioned it to be used for.
---
#18GenericCommentsPosted 4/25/2010 5:21:31 PM
It should have that function in mind but it doesn't have to. I still think whatever it was I thought. Melee weapon or v-shot has my approval.
---
I'm not changing this Sig until Resident Feeble...4 gets an update.
http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/hola.jpg
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/25/2010 10:50:58 PM
I agree with Aile, that secondary mode would be much better used on a different weapon. Perhaps one with a low rate of fire and accurate shot, such as some kind of Railgun or AWP, making it a "perfect" extremely long range and extremely short range weapon, but a terrible mid-short to mid-long range weapon.
---