Lock-on must die.

#1frogman_295Posted 4/24/2010 7:18:12 PM
Hopefully they will get rid of it all together or refine it some way where you just keep the opponent in your vision. I am sick of noobs shooting me 6 times in the back before I can turn around. A dead-center lock-on just ruins the online, taking away much of the skill that is needed for the precise controls.
#2MicroOmegaManPosted 4/24/2010 7:21:14 PM
If you both use it, it shouldn't be a problem. That's not what you want to hear.

Maybe you'd like some advice? If you're worried about people coming up behind you, pay more attention to the radar to see where other players are while you're pursuing one person. If you have 7+ people on a level like Streets, people sneaking up on you is basically unavoidable.
---
If the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer; if the game gets a bad score, bash the game. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/24/2010 7:26:32 PM
Tony has already shown support for either the removal of it or a "hardcore" mode where it doesn't exist.
The later is preferable if you don't have to unlock it, since it keeps the failnubs in their own mode.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4frogman_295(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2010 7:29:21 PM
I just don't think it is a good idea for an online competitive FPS. The only time I find it useful is when I melee attack, or if someone runs by me. Well, I can only hope it will be taken out of Conduit 2.
#5frogman_295(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2010 7:33:19 PM
That's good. I hope at least the hardcore mode will be added for TCon purists like me. :P
#6MicroOmegaManPosted 4/24/2010 8:12:06 PM
I'll try to moderate myself here; how.....in the world....can you be a The Conduit purist if you don't accept lock-on?

I understand wanting it changed, but I'm not sure why you'd consider yourself a purist of the first game if you found such a prominent feature disagreeable.
---
If the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer; if the game gets a bad score, bash the game. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams
#7frogman_295(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2010 8:21:41 PM
A purist in terms of using the precise controls without using the cheap lock-on...
#8SupahShnipaPosted 4/24/2010 8:27:49 PM
"Hardcore Game" + "Lock-On"

Contradictory Statement right there. Lock-On must die.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#9XImperialDragonPosted 4/24/2010 8:43:47 PM
3 weeks ago, I would've shouted Perfect Dark from the rooftops...

Now they're removing lock-on from Perfect Dark in specific modes or something, so it's not a good example anymore. ;D
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/24/2010 10:42:02 PM
I used to never use lock-on... now I use it all the time, just so I'm not a major disadvantage. People have gotten good enough with lock-on now that they're actually difficult to kill without using it. I vote for a hard-core mode, because then everyone's happy.