Lock-on must die.

#101Aile_WingPosted 4/27/2010 7:09:04 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID:
@I don't find it difficult to stay on someone's tail without lock-on. If there is any difficulty, I attribute it to the fact that players can go through one another, which was an absoluetly stupid idea to put into The Conduit.

Nah, I just had a big discussion with a bunch of people who I showed Tcon to earlier.
And they all agreed it WAS hard at first, not to aim, but to keep there enemy's on screen.
And I did bring up the unsolid players, and that wasn't really part of the problem at all.

You can't base everything off your own experience.

Yeah, at first it probably is hard to keep the enemy on screen when one has not played the game before, but after adjusting to the tempo of the game, it's not difficult. People WILL get used to it.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#102Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/28/2010 7:53:54 AM
I had another idea for lock-on, don't know if it's been suggested already. Why not have a timed lock-on in gametypes that have it? Say, you can use it for 3 seconds, and then you have a two-second penalty. Also, it could vary for specific perks (as I'm guessing that 3 seconds would be ample time to kill someone with Improved bullet damage and good aim). It would present some issues I'm sure, but this way it wouldn't leave such a clear division between really good players and everyone else (because although it's not hard to not use lock-on, all of the better players would almost certainly be in the hardcore mode all the time). What do you guys think?
#103DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/28/2010 10:04:44 AM
While your heart is in the right place, it would be almost as abusable, and not much harder to abuse. For a lot of work, it does little to alleviate the lock-on issue.
Adjusting the effects of lock-on on a per weapon, or even per-situation basis could help, but ultimately, it wouldn't eliminate the flaw that this "feature" presents.

In this case, a middle ground would just piss everyone off.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#104SupahShnipaPosted 4/28/2010 4:57:47 PM
How about "Easy Mode" for online =/
srsly
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#105R9ROPosted 4/28/2010 6:25:14 PM
I think lock-on is the future of shooters.
Its even closer to real life. If some guy runs to your left, you don't keep looking to the wall in your front, your eyes would be set on him, and then you would aim. Know what i mean?
---
Sorry for my engrish. =P
#106CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/28/2010 6:54:59 PM
^^^

But I think it will be because of eye tracking controls, not because of a 'Lock-on" :p
#107R9ROPosted 4/28/2010 7:33:09 PM
Yeah, videogames still have ways to go!
---
Sorry for my engrish. =P
#108SupahShnipaPosted 4/28/2010 8:17:57 PM
"I think lock-on is the future of shooters."
I lol'ed so hard.

"Its even closer to real life."
Go play paintball/Airsoft bud.

"If some guy runs to your left, you don't keep looking to the wall in your front, your eyes would be set on him, and then you would aim. Know what i mean?"
But he won't be centered in your field of view, your neck and only turn so far, plus with all military issue kit you have on your mobility is decreased and you can only turn your neck so far. Plus, just because he is in your field of view it doesn't mean your gun is always pointing at him. Also, turning your head is MANUAL, not AUTOMATIC like it is with lock on. You can keep someone in your field on view without lock on VERY easily with the Wiimote. Everyone does it all the time in COD and MOH.

Lock-On = Easy Mode for Casual Gamers.

---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#109DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/28/2010 11:03:02 PM
I would like to point something out.

When someone runs by you, and you turn your head, that is a reflex. It is not you pushing and holding a button and your body automatically staring at said person indefinitely.
Likewise, after playing FPS for a while, you will develop this reflex without a button to aim for you. You will see a player, your crosshair will slide over to where they are, and when you think you have a shot, you'll shoot. In some cases, you may even shoot the wrong person.(This happens to me a lot when FF is on.)
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.