Worried about the "destructible armour"

#1Phasmatis92Posted 4/25/2010 12:26:41 AM
It sounds like a really neat technique, allowing for more strategic shooting and a sense of power and interaction, but I'm concerned because it sounds like it might take up a little too much processing power that might better be spent on environmental graphics, one of the areas where this game really needs to improve on its prequel.

Perhaps Tony can clear this up; will it eat up a lot of the Wii's juice and cost other elements, as happened sometimes with the first game?
#2Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/25/2010 1:54:29 AM
The modular armor is controlled by an instancing system of some sort that HVS added to the Quantum 3. It allows them to instance a large amount of characters/enemies all with different interchangeable objects, features, and even AI sets without any compromise to the game itself. It's the same instancing system that allows 60 enemies on screen at once on The Grinder, and each of those 60 enemies can be varied in scale, color, AI, etc. all while maintaining 60 frames-per-second.

IMO, it's one of the most impressive features that HVS added to the Quantum 3 after C1 came out. That's simply what little I know. I'm sure Tony can fill you in better on this, but in short I don't think that modular armor is going to compromise anything that C1 had or that C2 will have.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#3Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2010 3:09:28 AM
That's my point though; wouldn't the same technique and power allocation be better used for having more enemies on screen?
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/25/2010 3:15:32 AM
The Conduit doesn't really need that many on-screen enemies a lot of the time. For the most part, the battles are pretty small. It'd be nice for some scenes with, like, 70 mites and maybe 30 drones or so, but not really something you actually fight against.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5CelticLink94Posted 4/25/2010 7:37:40 AM
Plus, there's only so far the engine can go graphically... you can't just throw more power at the graphics and expect them to come out better, its in the engine. I'm fine with the graphics, and I would like to see more neat features or something that makes this game stand out. If it had next to no features but really really good graphics, you know what it would be? One of the hundreds of XBox 360 games that wii owners are told are "SUpeR Ae3SOm3 1337". Let this one stand out, not blend in.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend