HVS Tony: Player Profiles!!!

#1naruto3336Posted 4/25/2010 10:54:33 AM

I was thinking about how a player can have his own profile. His profile would give general info. For eg, there would be the player's character standing on the left side, with their screen name on the top, and Friend Code directly below. Extra Info could include things like Accuracy, Kills, Death, Wins, Losses. You can view this profile right before you start a game to see how everyone in your team, or the other team is. You can also search players using a search option and view their profiles that way. You can set an option to let everyone view your profile, or just friends.

This game is going to have Achievements for sure. Now why not use those achievements in your profile to show how good you are. For every Achievement you earn, depending on how hard the difficulty of that Achievement was, you get points. These points accumulate giving you your "Pro Score" or whatever they want to call it.This profile could also show the number of times this player has got banned, and other stuff. This profile would have a "Rival" option or a "Friend Option". If you click on Friend option, you can simply drag the FC that is already written on their profile to the box where you need to put it, and click on Send Request.

This is really good for people that want to fight new people that they think are a good competition and for people to avoid others. This also adds to a competitive side to online playing as people can say how their profile is better than others.

Side Note: Their could 2 be 2 profiles, one for Co-op and one for competitive or they could both be in one depending on if the Achievements are combined in Competitive and Co-op or not. BTW, it has been confirmed that Achievements are their in multiplayer in the interview they just had on Nintendo Life.

#2XxCarbagexX1120Posted 4/25/2010 12:12:22 PM
Ease up on the suggestions man

---
See those X's in my username? Its where I hide all my booty.
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/25/2010 12:21:42 PM
Topics don't need a 'ATTENTION TONY' on them for him to read them.

If its a good idea, people will talk about it, and it will probably be on the first page plenty long enough for tony to read it.
#4_Kidlat_Posted 4/25/2010 12:27:08 PM
HVS greatly appreciates your enthusiasm with this game and your efforts to make it the best possible. However, realize that overspamming the same idea won't increase the chances of it being in.
---
Proud Student of the University of Pennsylvania
MWR: 4893-7948-2427 The Conduit: 2836-7869-1737
#5Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/25/2010 12:38:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that this has been suggested multiple times. Also, keep in mind that HVSTony has said numerous times that they want to make the best online experience they can, and that they play games with great online systems in them, so I'm sure that this idea has at least crossed their minds. I support it 100% though.
#6incognito3Posted 4/25/2010 3:57:57 PM
i agree with everyone above, spamming wont help you, but, i still think this is a great idea.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4
#7naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2010 6:14:37 PM

There is a very good reason why I had to recreate the topic. Without the HVS Tony, the older topic did not attract his attention despite getting tons of people to like the idea. I simply did it to tell him that the topic was directed towards him just as much as others. Sorry if I did anything that you guys may not have liked.

#8forgot_itPosted 4/25/2010 7:28:08 PM
Let me Clarify:

We are used to systems like Steam and Xbox live so we know what a full featured online system is. (clan support, friend joining, matchmaking, advanced voice, etc)

Where the challenge lies is fitting what we can into Nintendo's online structure. Pretty much everything that's been suggested to us about online has already been thought of already and we are trying our best to get what we can into online.

-Tony

I'm just as excited as you are that someone from the team is actually interacting with us but the thing is we can't just go flagging him down every time we think we have a great idea. He goes through these boards and reads what people have to say, take the Lock-On or even your Player Profile thread for instance. With the amount of people reacting to it, it's obviously something people feel strongly about and he'll be drawn to it because he see's there's something going on there. He'll read what people have to say, and then convey any recurring thoughts to the rest of the team.

Personally, I like to think of him with sort of a "lurker" status. I'm relatively sure he's going to read all the great ideas floating around even a lot of the ones that don't get many responses. We should just keep on having discussions and banters amongst ourselves. HVS has already shown us that they care about what we think, so even though you may not get a response from Tony, chances are he will read it.
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/25/2010 7:54:17 PM
^^^

This is definitely correct.
I have a little experience getting feedback from online forums, and 90% of the suggestions are pretty much ALL the same, and not anything we hadn't already thought of.

I find that Discussion is FAR more beneficial than the actual presentation of ideas.
With discussion you actually get to see peoples reaction to ideas, you get to see what people Really want, and you're able to take discussions, and breed ideas from them.

For instance, the Lock On topic has developed into something particularly interesting.
We have two sides making their argument.
People that want Lock on Removed, and people who feel it should be kept.

Now, if its just people presenting Ideas. Like HVS getting flooded with emails.
"I think Lock On should be removed"
How many emails are they getting "DONT INCLUDE LOCK ON!" Probably not very much, because its kinda implied that its there.

Not only does discussion cover both sides more evenly, but it also reveals underlying motives.
People do want lock on because it introduces A to the game.
People don't like Lock on, because it introduces B.
From that, devs can look at the situation and go "OK, how can we get rid of B without getting rid of A"

So, yeah. Discussion is like what really should be happening to help Con2.
#10naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2010 12:59:06 PM

forgot_it posted...
Let me Clarify: We are used to systems like Steam and Xbox live so we know what a full featured online system is. (clan support, friend joining, matchmaking, advanced voice, etc) Where the challenge lies is fitting what we can into Nintendo's online structure. Pretty much everything that's been suggested to us about online has already been thought of already and we are trying our best to get what we can into online. -Tony I'm just as excited as you are that someone from the team is actually interacting with us but the thing is we can't just go flagging him down every time we think we have a great idea. He goes through these boards and reads what people have to say, take the Lock-On or even your Player Profile thread for instance. With the amount of people reacting to it, it's obviously something people feel strongly about and he'll be drawn to it because he see's there's something going on there. He'll read what people have to say, and then convey any recurring thoughts to the rest of the team. Personally, I like to think of him with sort of a "lurker" status. I'm relatively sure he's going to read all the great ideas floating around even a lot of the ones that don't get many responses. We should just keep on having discussions and banters amongst ourselves. HVS has already shown us that they care about what we think, so even though you may not get a response from Tony, chances are he will read it.

Well the only reason why I want him to reply to this is because I want to know if this idea is possible at all. With no reply, I will keep thinking it is possible and be disappointed when I find out it is not in the game. (Omission of this idea does not mean it will impact on whether I will buy this game or not) I just want to see if this idea could be implemented or is something that is just not possible with the Nintendo's online structure.