ATTN:HVSTony

#51HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/27/2010 11:21:28 PM
Never played UC2.

-Tony
#52DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2010 5:31:43 AM
D: and the other two questions? ; ;

And it's a surprisingly fun game. I wasn't expecting anything out of an Xbox Unreal title, since UT2k4 was already too geometry heavy to keep up the fast-paced gameplay at 60fps and still have the visual fidelity of the PC version on high settings, and generally PC ports to consoles favor visual fidelity over framerates. The melee-centric 3rd person gameplay didn't help either. But, after playing it, it blew me away. I was shocked by how well built and how well thought out it was.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#53Sylus2015Posted 4/28/2010 7:58:28 AM
I thought of Super Smash Brothers when this topic started but there are some key differences between SSB and an FPS (besides the obvious...).

First, and most important, at any given point in an SSB game, players have a plethora of moves to choose from. If a move is getting stale, you have about 14 more options to choose from. In an FPS, you only have 3-4 options at any given moment: primary, side-arm, melee, grenade. Your choices are far more limited. This limited selection makes it harder to pick a valid alternative.

Second, in SSB, a character is given multiple moves of (relatively) equal usefulness. It is obvious, however, that (while not all primaries are created equal) primaries are the far superior choice to any other (unless you're playing MW2). This makes stale moves even more crippling for an FPS than a fighter like SSB.

A different style of decay might flow better with an FPS, but to compare SSB-styled decay to an FPS just won't work.

And this is a forum for discussion. No one's trolling, just discussing their opinions on why they think a decay system will or will not work. If anything, you're violating the TOS by making a topic directed at a specific user.
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#54DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2010 10:02:10 AM
I'm making a topic directed at this user, who is part of the development for this game, asking questions partly related to this game. Very much on-topic.

And it has already been discussed. Everything that has been said in this topic was already talked about. We aren't talking about a move-based decay system, but a variable weapon-by-weapon system that would decay and recharge each weapon in a unique way that both complements and balances it's features.
The conclusion was that this idea had potential, but would require very good implementation.

This discussion was over before this topic existed.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#55ammartin08Posted 4/28/2010 11:18:15 AM

This discussion was over before this topic existed.

False. Obviously, there's more to think about. Now, you may say (again) that if HVS considered the idea, then they've already discussed it at greater length than we could hope to, but that's not how it works. We are actively discussing it. If you don't want it to be discussed here, lock the topic. You have no reason not to, since you've gotten all the response you're going to get, and you seem very adamant that you don't want your ideas scrutinized.

But since you're continually trying to thwart discussion and you've gotten a response, I guess this topic has no purpose.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu
#56GenericCommentsPosted 4/28/2010 5:05:44 PM
I created a new topic for this discussion.

Arguing about trolling, intents, and whatnot is holding back any relevant discussion. I will abandon this topic and I hope everyone will leave for the new topic: 'Discussion: Decay system' I hope this makes a certain user realize something about himself.

The link to said topic is below:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=991817&topic=54560639
---
I'm not changing this Sig until Resident Feeble...4 is finished.
http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/hola.jpg
#57DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2010 11:05:25 PM
For reference, it wasn't my idea. I just thought it had a lot of potential, and helped flesh it out.
---