HVS, Pro tip -- Bug test your game

#1BlaeuPosted 4/27/2010 12:00:24 PM
I had a lot of fun playing The Conduit last summer, but there were a few things that really ****ed up public play. Lets take a look.

1. Spawn glitch. Wow, I love waiting five minutes to get into a game just to get stuck in a wall. I don't care what excuse you give to explain why it happened, it was not okay.

2. Map glitches. WTF?! You could get outside of the map on EVERY SINGLE MAP. Unless you hire chickens to bug test your game, this cannot happen again. You have no way to patch this so make sure you get it right the first time.

3. Weapon glitches. So, two guys got stuck in a wall, two others went through it and now I cannot find them, awesome. Now, I go to kill the two other guys still in the map, except they have a rapid fire SMAW. **** you all.

Really, there are a ton of ideas that were bad (lock-on, infinite nades, map designs, etc) but those are what make the game, your game. Whatever you chose to do with your game, just make sure you do it correctly. You cannot patch the game on the Wii, so you have no second chances.

Frankly, the quality of your first title was not good enough to make me want the second one, however the people I played with were. Please, for your sake, and the sake of my money, don't **** this game up.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 4/27/2010 12:09:22 PM
Agreed. There were way to many things that screwed up public games. Although from what I've read I wasn't even around when the worst of it was being abused.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri
#3xIIConradIIxPosted 4/27/2010 12:22:38 PM
Blaeu, welcome back.
---
The Conduit : IConradI--1977-7953-9169
Brawl FC: 1590-7662-7737
#4drummerkid38Posted 4/27/2010 12:27:21 PM
Well, the wii is capable of having little bug fixes in it's games(MWR), but who knows if HVS will be allowed to incorporate it
---
Currently Playing: Modern Warfare Reflex
FC: 0363-1767-1144-SlyFox
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/27/2010 12:59:38 PM
That's a pretty lame pro tip...

Almost as bad as "YOU MUST RECOVER!"
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/27/2010 1:28:43 PM
The Wii can have certain kinds of little bugfixes. Very small patches that are applied on the fly to the online portion of the game as it connects to the network.
These fixes would most likely not be able to affect the splitscreen portion at all.

I'd love to see a small patchdata included in the game save, of about maybe 20MB, dedicated just to small fixes.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7donkeypunch1116Posted 4/27/2010 1:55:19 PM
so blaeu finally made a post

*waits for entire board to have a nerdgasm over his return*

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCH
#8Iceman222Posted 4/27/2010 2:37:42 PM
Hey Blaeu whats up?

Maybe you should leave the tips to me... (tips videos joke)

just kidding
---
AC:CF Iceman@Darkice 2621-6163-6380
http://www.youtube.com/user/rediceman222 helpful Conduit tips and matches
#9SupahShnipaPosted 4/27/2010 3:48:10 PM
Blaeu! Loooong time no see!

I agree, a beta of some sort would really help.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/27/2010 3:59:18 PM
Yeah, I hope that HVS will be able release a beta, it would be really useful to them. Also, maybe have a section on the SEGA forums dedicated to reporting bug/glitches. And yeah, the issues in this thread have been mentioned LOTS, so there'll be a lot of flak headed their way if they're not fixed.