Bots?

#1rgrotzPosted 4/27/2010 7:35:25 PM
Haven't heard anything about bots, but it would be great to have them.
#2incognito3Posted 4/27/2010 7:40:20 PM
what are you suppose to say to a topic like this?
every FPS has bots(correct me if i am wrong), isnt that kinda the whole point?
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official hammer user.
Call me Incognito, Incognito3, Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please. Inb4
#3BlitzkriegOSUPosted 4/27/2010 7:51:01 PM

every FPS has bots

I think he's talking about multiplayer bots. Like, pitting yourself and a friend against several bots in a deathmatch. Like Perfect Dark 64! I'd think that bots would probably find their place in Team Invasion mode rather than the multiplayer.
---
my only regret... is that I have.. bone-itis.
I'm with Coco
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/27/2010 7:58:14 PM
No, there are no bots so far. That isn't to say there will not be any, but as of yet, from what has been announced, there is no intention to include them.
There will, however, be a cooperative gametype that will include enemy AI players that the developers have stated will be sort of like a form of bots, as well as the single player AI being greatly improved.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5N64FTWxDPosted 4/27/2010 8:00:00 PM
I'm all for simulants (or whatever you wanna call them) for split screen multiplayer. But definitely not online. Unless you don't have enough players for the match to be full they add really high AI guards.
#6HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/27/2010 8:00:43 PM
^^^ Yup

-Tony
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/27/2010 8:06:36 PM
:o Tony~~~
plz answer my 3 questions in my ATTN topic D: it exploded into a debate, but just ignore that.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/27/2010 9:33:06 PM
If there are simulants on splitscreen multiplayer with distinctive interchangable AI sets with little or no compromise to frame-rate, not only will I buy this game, but I'll buy it for all my friends for Christmas.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#9maxfreakPosted 4/28/2010 2:15:37 AM
Huh wait what? Tony are you saying theres gonna be bots for the multiplayer mode?! :o
---
Looking forward to: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Conduit 2, and Diablo III
#10HVSTony(VIP)Posted 4/28/2010 7:33:55 AM
No. Bots are a no go. Too much time for too little payoff.

I mean "yup" to this statement:

"There will, however, be a cooperative gametype that will include enemy AI players that the developers have stated will be sort of like a form of bots, as well as the single player AI being greatly improved"

-Tony