Freedom in FPS might not be the best idea.

#1Dark_GaiaPosted 4/29/2010 8:00:49 AM
I heard Conduit 2 will have more freedom, and I'm a bit worried it'll be like Far Cry, Crysis, and stuff like that. While I enjoyed those 2 games, I'm also not very impressed with the level design. They're force to make their levels so big that it's boring. You either run to the next target, or drive to the next target, or whatever, but in the end, you're still spending 10-20 minutes pressing forward on the keyboard. I hope Conduit 2 will have a more tightly designed level with intense action without anything to break the flow. Bigger levels doesn't mean better.
#2Sudsy86_Posted 4/29/2010 10:19:17 AM

Bigger levels means camping that is more difficult to overcome. The guys at HVS seem to be looking at everyone else for ideas(not inspiratiion, ideas). They seem to be trying to make games more like games which sell on the mainstream.

This sucks.

#3MC_Brian1Posted 4/29/2010 11:42:14 AM
Wut.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#4drummerkid38Posted 4/29/2010 1:51:27 PM
I guess it's just opinion, but I think they're talking the right path with more freedom.
---
Currently Playing: Modern Warfare Reflex
FC: 0363-1767-1144-SlyFox
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/29/2010 4:43:06 PM
Take a look at the screenshots. Do you see one of a completely open environment anywhere?

There will be more branching paths, I'm sure, and more intricate level design, not big open empty spaces. Think of Washington Streets. Right at the start, you can jump up onto one of the roofs. Later in the level, there's a few tricks to get up to some other places. These didn't lead anywhere, just one had a data disk in it.
So, imagine if these actually had a function? Think what it would be like if you could go roofhopping through Washington and snipe out the drudge?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6Sudsy86_Posted 4/29/2010 6:53:31 PM

If we can even jump high enough...

#7drummerkid38Posted 4/29/2010 7:24:31 PM
^
IGN did say it will have ladders :D
---
Currently Playing: Modern Warfare Reflex
FC: 0363-1767-1144-SlyFox
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/29/2010 7:25:14 PM
You don't need to jump just onece you know. The way you did it in the first game was jumping up on several different objects that looked just like random clutter.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9CelticLink94Posted 4/29/2010 7:31:30 PM
Yes, stuff like that would be cool if there was more of a purpose. If someone is good at sniping, they have an opportunity to play to their strengths. If someone likes run and gunning, they could take a second path. If someone wants to be stealthy, they have a third route. These could intertwine at points, and each path should be explored to unlock all the secrets. However, one path shouldn't be easier than another, and they should always be open to the player.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#10Valdimir_DregaPosted 4/29/2010 8:36:19 PM
^This.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.