conduits in multiplayer

#1Killeryoshi8Posted 4/30/2010 5:31:11 AM
In the original game, the conduits were spawning points.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the conduits could be used for travel? It's not just getting in and getting out on the other side, but actually going through another dimension, where you can fight other people too.

It may sound out of place, just an idea :)
---
Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii
#2N64FTWxDPosted 4/30/2010 1:53:06 PM
We already talked about it. It's not a good idea.
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 4/30/2010 2:12:00 PM
Might be interesting for a multiplayer map where you could have 2 separate sub-maps connected by multiple portals throughout the rooms. I would only want to see it in just one map though.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri
#4BlaeuPosted 4/30/2010 3:06:56 PM
You could implement Conduits in an MP map as a quick travel system. Similar to how Halo uses their "elevators" to give people quick access to vertical maps, you could use Conduits to allow quick access to far corners (or heights) of a map.

I think it was Halo 2 that has a teleport system on some of the MP maps, it worked very well. You could easily put Conduits into MP maps and have it work beautifully if the maps are built around them, and they are not added after the fact.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#5SupahShnipaPosted 4/30/2010 5:01:48 PM
Halo has teleporters, if it's similar it would work pretty well. Just very few of them and only on large maps.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#6TerrorriskXPosted 4/30/2010 5:26:32 PM
Kinda reminds me of the portals in some of the Quake Maps
#7FPS1337Posted 4/30/2010 9:35:11 PM
hmm sort of like halo teleporters, those were mostly useful for forge but i wouldn't do it for online more just local play.
#8Phasmatis92Posted 4/30/2010 9:42:10 PM
I really like this idea, could add an extra level of variety and strategy to multiplayer matches.
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/1/2010 12:34:49 AM
Good idea if they use it in the right places. Just a standard warp, like in Quake, UT, or really, pretty much any FPS that isn't a tactical military shooter.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.