Stealth Kills Suggestion

#11CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/30/2010 7:47:55 PM
I'd want the assassination to work something like the perry attack in TWW.

Instead of just being behind someone and getting an insta kill, just by being behind them, you actually have to wait a second, and then your reticule will change for a split second, and during that time frame you can do an assassination attack.

Certain other things could trigger an opening for an assassination w/o the wait. for instance, if the target was firing shots, they are obviously distracted and open for an attack.

And then they could even do a cool animation as well :p

How about a 180* flip over your victim, so you appear right in their face. followed by a run through. ;)
That way it also wouldn't come so much as a shock to them.
the one bad thing about assasinaiton is... you really don't see them coming.

I think something like that would make the person go "Oh SNAP!" instead of "WHAT THE CRAP JUST HAPPENED! THAT WAS LAME!"
#12RichieGamerPosted 4/30/2010 7:54:58 PM
Kirby I love your idea.
You should tell it to Tony, here or at the network.
#13CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/30/2010 7:57:36 PM
"You should tell it to Tony, here or at the network."

We should just have the whole forum rigged up, so that the latest post gets sent to the whole HVS team as a skype message on their workstation. ;)
#14ammartin08Posted 4/30/2010 8:59:55 PM

not just a skull appears on your screen showing you got a kill, how boring right?

Honestly, though, I thought that skull flash was one of the cooler visual cues of a kill. It just looked so awesome.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu
#15Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 4/30/2010 9:53:38 PM
I thought it was awesome too, and I think it would be even more so if the skulls showed what type of kill you got as well.
#16Valdimir_Drega(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2010 12:41:18 AM
I'm the first to say that making C2 like CoD is a bad idea. I simply want a simple, quick, and rewarding animation paired with a one-hit-kill melee attack.

One thing I didn't like about the new AVP game was that the stealth kill animations were extremely long and left you open to gunfire for a full 7 seconds sometimes. It made stealth killing half way useless and not rewarding at all.

I'd say that a stealth kill animation in C2 that lasts over 2 seconds would begin to cross the line of problematic. In addition, I would rather have it a one-hit-kill because of the motion sensor feature on the radar. Sure you can stay under the radar by crouching, but there's no way you'd be able to catch someone to melee them from behind at crouching movement speed.

It would be difficult to execute, but rewarding at the same time. Frontal melee strength would remain the same as in C1. Also they could make it so that stealth killing wouldn't work during an active exchange of bullets, grenades, and other forms of damage between players; you know, just so you wouldn't get an undeserved stealth kill during a firefight.

Keep it simple, short, sweet, and balanced. That is most likely to make the most rewarding stealth mechanics. It would also add a great deal of versatility, and "alternate path" offerings in single-player. It doesn't have to be complicated, flashy, or easy-to-use.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#17UltimateFlame13Posted 5/1/2010 8:38:37 AM
I think it would be interesting, but I think you should only be able to one-hit-kill melee attack if you choose an upgrade (primary perhaps?) that gives you the ability to do so. I have to admit I first thought of the lengthy stealth kills in AvP but if they were just simple animations that don't take that much more time than a normal melee then it could work. Now that I think of it the animations could even act as a balance; if you want to have 1 hit kill melees you'll have to deal with a short time of vulnerability or whatever.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri