What completely unrelated maps would you like as a novelty?

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/1/2010 12:43:02 AM
As in, some map that has nothing to do with the story, but is just there because you can have fun blowing **** up in it. Feel free to reference other games if you can't get your idea across with just a description.

I would love something like Idoma, because pretty, but my ultimate fetishmap has to be a cathedral or castle on a floating piece of land out in space or really high up in the air somewhere. There are lots of these in UT99, compared to most shooters, but not so much after that. In fact, Quake 3 aside, crazy maps like this just never happen anymore.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/1/2010 1:11:40 AM
I'd like a like 2-D arcade mode map like...

You know how old games such as asteroids, you go off one side, and appear on the other?
Something like that.
Bullets and everything would travel through. You could snipe somebody who's behind you :p
It would be so disorienting.
#3DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2010 1:53:54 AM
That would be fun. I wonder if it's even possible on the Wii.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4RichieGamerPosted 5/1/2010 7:52:46 AM
Ganondorf's Castle :D
#5xIIConradIIxPosted 5/1/2010 8:42:28 AM
Facing Worlds from the UT series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S1go2Z7Ck&feature=related

Something like that would be awesome, its the single greatest capture the flag map of all time :D
---
The Conduit : IConradI--1977-7953-9169
Brawl FC: 1590-7662-7737
#6UltimateFlame13Posted 5/1/2010 8:53:36 AM
I think it would be interesting to see a map that is kind of like a reference to a 2D mario level. In 3D of course, but maybe something like the ghost houses. I'm picturing stuff like walls that look like they're there but really aren't, flickering phantasms of drudge, trust, etc appearing and disappearing around the map to trick you, a few dark rooms with some moving lights allowing you to just barely see, some false sounds of battle to keep you on edge, etc. Sounds a little crazy but I think it would be fun every now and then.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri
#7DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2010 10:07:58 AM
Actually, that's a really good idea. A stage that ****s with you at every turn.
Might be a bit frustrating in multiplayer, which is a shame, because I hate it when good ideas that can really push the mind of the gamer get shafted because BAW ITS NOT EASY, but I think everyone would be happy if it was one of the invasion stages. Or maybe even a single player stage. Maybe a trip through your own mind. Or maybe Adams'.
---
#8SupahShnipaPosted 5/1/2010 10:31:05 AM
Storm from the MW2 Stimulus Package, worst... map..... ever....
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#9BlaeuPosted 5/1/2010 11:00:57 AM
Since The Grinder is not being released for a while, I think they should include a map from that. A sort of spooky map that really gives you a feeling of how The Grinder will feel when the game comes out. It would double as a novelty map, but a sort of advertisement as well.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#10IMA1337_FearMePosted 5/1/2010 11:08:32 AM
a meteor shower while fighting people on the roof of a building built on the moon. *sparta kicks opponents into space*
---
this is called a sentence, you should like put them in your sig and stuff.
98% of people do not have real sentences in their sigs.