Depth of field, please go away.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Depth of field, please go away.
5 years ago#1
I have normal vision. My eyes can naturally do this "graphical" effect. It's not needed in games.
5 years ago#2
They can't do it dynamically to an image on a flat surface to give the appearance of depth.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
5 years ago#3
I see what he means though.

Even looking at a screen you can focus on certain areas. In doing so the surroundings blur.

---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
5 years ago#4
But not in a dynamic way to create the illusion of depth on a 2D surface.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
5 years ago#5
the game can't really do it dynamically either.
The depth of field is just set right?

What if I'm trying to look outside the games depth of field?
5 years ago#6
it still looks nice. OOOOHHHHH SHNAP
---
this is called a sentence, you should like put them in your sig and stuff.
98% of people do not have real sentences in their sigs.
5 years ago#7
What if I'm trying to look outside the games depth of field?

This is what I hate about depth of field.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
5 years ago#8
It does it dynamically by using the crosshair to determine the focal point by using the nearest object it overlaps, not counting grass or foliage(usually). If you want to focus on something else, move the crosshair.
---
5 years ago#9
^ another obvious but blatantly correct answer frrooooom dark!
---
this is called a sentence, you should like put them in your sig and stuff.
98% of people do not have real sentences in their sigs.
5 years ago#10
Why should I have to move the crosshair instead of just looking at what I want to be looking at? So you've never thought of looking away from your crosshair for whatever reason?
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Depth of field, please go away.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived