Will the game have "achievements/trophies" Tony?

#1Phasmatis92Posted 5/2/2010 6:59:04 AM
If it does, they should have a little more variety this time.

The ones in the first game were alright, simply because most Wii games lack this feature, but they were pretty basic; nearly every one was "kill x amount of x enemy" or "kill x amount of enemies with x weapon."

These are fine, but for Conduit 2, more variety could be added to spice things up, with less straightforward achievements like, "complete x mission using only the pistol," or "kill 4 enemies with one grenade/vortex cannon reflect/etc" or "survive x mission without ever dropping below 25% health."

Also, showing what ones you've won online would be cool. ;)
#2psychobrewPosted 5/2/2010 12:54:07 PM
I hope not. I hate achievements. I'd much rather they spent their time on real content.
#3N64FTWxDPosted 5/2/2010 1:19:12 PM
What are you talking about, Psycho? Achievements are really fun and in Tcon1 I got a juicy 5 hours of extra game play. If they didn't have achievements I'd have gone crazy.
#4thelastgogetaPosted 5/2/2010 2:11:11 PM
I would only like achievements if they were taken seriously by the game.

I ignored most of the Skill Points in R+C (though they were diverse and interesting) but went as far as I could to scan a whole desert or find well hidden gold bolts as both of which offered promise, money towards the highly priced armour/weapons, a buff to all of the weapons following collection, a set of skins ranging from classic (original game costume from first game) to deadly (final boss) to hilarious (a real person in the development team/parody of first costume with an afro or an Elvis/Pirate look).

In short, I don't want achievements or any other sort of false trophy.
I want to see paintballs when I shoot, my guns shrink to a smaller size as a "cheat" and to massive levels for the heck of it.
GoldenEye (an FPS :O) and Ratchet and Clank (3D Platformer with lotsa weapons) did this.
---
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/2/2010 3:35:36 PM
While I don't really recall, I think it was stated that the sequel would have more interesting achievements if there was one. I think that was back when The Conduit was out.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6psychobrewPosted 5/2/2010 4:25:12 PM
N64FTWxD posted...
What are you talking about, Psycho? Achievements are really fun and in Tcon1 I got a juicy 5 hours of extra game play. If they didn't have achievements I'd have gone crazy.

I didn't.
#7N64FTWxDPosted 5/2/2010 5:14:27 PM
You said "I hope there are no achievements." So I was kindly disagreeing with your statement. If the return of achievements come, it will be nice if they add a wider variety of achievements to players.
#8ammartin08Posted 5/2/2010 8:46:08 PM
The Ratchet & Clank series Skill Point system is a great example. Most of them were fun, both to figure out and then to perform, and the "cheats" they usually unlock are fun.

Unrelated to that, I like a game that keeps track of all of your mundane and obscure statistics. I like to know play time, accuracy, as well as more obscure things like kills with secondary fire, degrees turned, highest height fallen, etc.

Achievements, to me, are just rewards for getting these values high enough, to tie in the the stat system.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu