Tony a quick suggestion.

#1masterexplosivePosted 5/2/2010 7:45:00 AM
Not to trouble you for long but you guys at HVS should look into using the wii speak to talk to anyone and drop the "only talk to friends and friends of friends" crap. Just a suggestion and please take it under consideration.
---
Ima gonna cut you with my sword!
cxxxxx|=============>
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 5/2/2010 7:58:06 AM
My guess is this is one of those things that they would need Nintendo's permission to do.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri
#3masterexplosive(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 8:05:49 AM
Well yeah but if they don't they should take out friend codes and put in usernames.
---
Ima gonna cut you with my sword!
cxxxxx|=============>
#4Phasmatis92Posted 5/2/2010 8:12:19 AM
Capcom were allowed to run friendcode-less online with Monster Hunter Tri, though maybe only becuase they used their own servers.

Copuldn't Sega provide these in the case of Conduit 2 though?
#5Sylus2015Posted 5/2/2010 8:13:22 AM
They've tried doing that.

Nintendo FORCES any game using their servers to use Friend Codes and they're enforcing a "Wii Speak with Friends only" to stop pedobears from e-raping children.

Those are both Nintendo's policies and HVS can't be blamed for that. I understand that Ninty is trying to protect children, but children shouldn't be playing this game.

The only way HVS could get around these demands is to use different servers but then they'd still need special permission from Ninty which they probably wouldn't give.

I'm just glad we get Wii Speak. :/
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#6UltimateFlame13Posted 5/2/2010 8:44:23 AM

Well yeah but if they don't they should take out friend codes and put in usernames.

that's another thing they need permission for >_>. They want to make these kind of changes to online, but if Nintendo doesn't allow them then its not going to happen.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
#7Phasmatis92Posted 5/2/2010 8:45:43 AM
"The only way HVS could get around these demands is to use different servers but then they'd still need special permission from Ninty which they probably wouldn't give."

Why not? They gave Capcom permission with Monster Hunter tri, at least as far as dispensing with Friend Codes.
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 5/2/2010 8:49:35 AM

Why not? They gave Capcom permission with Monster Hunter tri, at least as far as dispensing with Friend Codes.

well monster hunter is a pretty big game in japan whereas conduit 2 is just a sequel to a game that has a much smaller fanbase, but even if they did allow it the question then becomes if it would be pay2play. Would it be worth having no friend codes if it meant you had to pay?
---
#9Phasmatis92Posted 5/2/2010 8:52:36 AM
"well monster hunter is a pretty big game in japan whereas conduit 2 is just a sequel to a game that has a much smaller fanbase, but even if they did allow it the question then becomes if it would be pay2play. Would it be worth having no friend codes if it meant you had to pay?"

Monster Hunter isn't big in the West though; on the contrary it's very niche, yet we don't have friend codes for it here either, and it's free. (It's P2P in Japan though, but mostly because due to its massive popularity here thsi won't deter players much)
#10Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 5/2/2010 8:53:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that HVSTony said Nintendo is no longer allowing people to use their own servers after Capcom. Which is just stupid.