The Only Game Con2 Has to Beat...

#1Sylus2015Posted 5/2/2010 7:58:37 AM
Is Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Really. Let's face it, that game is STILL Nintendo's best Multiplayer FPS and it's a DS game.

That's not saying every other game was bad, but MP:H was just THAT good (at least before the hackers).

It implemented chat when CoD: W@W didn't even do that and CoD came out years after MP:H. It has an easy FC system + Rival system to add Randoms. It was pretty smooth running. Had decent maps and the graphics didn't suck. And the fact that this game is STILL being played and discussed says a lot.

Really, if Con2 can match or do better than MP:H's success, it would be the best Nintendo FPS hands down.

What are everyone else's thoughts?
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#2Phasmatis92Posted 5/2/2010 8:02:28 AM
Like the Prime trilogy, I consider Hunters more first-person advneture than FPS.
If they qualify, then I'd vote Prime 3 as the best FPS on a Nintendo system.

Since I don't though, I gotta give my vote to Perfect Dark on the N64. ;)
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/2/2010 2:40:54 PM
Let's face it, that game is STILL Nintendo's best Multiplayer FPS and it's a DS game.

Metroid Prime 3 didn't have multiplayer. And yes, Metroid Prime(series) is a First Person Shooter series. It's certainly not point-to-point level crawling, but that doesn't make it less a shooter.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4VermineaterPosted 5/2/2010 2:48:23 PM
When people say first person adventure, I think of Myst. >_>

It's a shooter. Sure, it may have platforming/exploring, but the base is shooting things to shreds and not worrying about level-ups. (Separates it from FO3, <_< >_>)
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#5Phasmatis92Posted 5/2/2010 2:53:44 PM
I still pick Perfect Dark, with GoldenEye 64 as runner up ;)
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/2/2010 3:00:33 PM
Geist wins.
#7VermineaterPosted 5/2/2010 3:01:36 PM

I still pick Perfect Dark, with GoldenEye 64 as runner up ;)

*sighs*

<_< I don't hate those games, but games have evolved a lot since then, and there are people who still tout them as BEST GAME EVAR. I played MW2 (4-player splitscreen), with a lot of cynicism and general dislike of its mockery of modern warfare, and it was much more incredible than those games. =O And this was only in a few short hours. Goldeneye was a good part of my childhood, but I realize that games have gotten better. It may have set the ground stones for console fpses, but things have evolved.

Also, the dizzy effect in Perfect Dark ****ed me off. I quit playing it because it was so bad. (It continued even after I died? D:<)

I expect this game to be as good as PD and 007Goldeneye were back in their heydey. I refuse to cite either of those as examples as great shooters anymore, though.

Most of this hate stems from my friend saying "GE and PD are great games, even by today's standards". He doesn't know today's standards. He doesn't buy new games (No PS360 or PC). The newest FPS he has is Halo 2. >_> After I got over my Nintendo fanboyism and played Halo on the PC, with a few friends, I realized things have gotten better. And PC shooters > Console shooters. (just stating a generally agreeable, don't hate. I'd love to have a great console FPS. ^_^ =P)
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#8MyIronLungXPosted 5/2/2010 3:09:18 PM
gtfo moh was the best
---
Paranoid
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/2/2010 3:19:46 PM
Oh, hey, I forgot about that.
Yeah, MoHH2 had the best online interface. MPH had the best variety with a decent online interface. I'd say it's pretty close between those two.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#10UltimateFlame13Posted 5/2/2010 3:22:07 PM
I agree Sylus. I really loved MPH back when I used to play. It's kind of disappointing to look back and think about how much greater it could have been if it weren't for some flaws here and there though.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri