Grenades...

#1drummerkid38Posted 5/2/2010 2:45:10 PM
Is it just me or does the ark when throwing the grenades seem a bit too high? Maybe Im just too used to other fps's but I think the balance between ark and distance needs to be tweeked. Thoughts?
---
Currently Playing: Modern Warfare Reflex
FC: 0363-1767-1144-SlyFox
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/2/2010 2:53:24 PM
I like the arc sometimes.
but it would be cool to be able to throw it with less arc as well.
#3drummerkid38(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 8:54:23 PM
Yeah, I have to agree, but I think the short range is a big reason the grenades are so spammable. That and all the ammo caches.
---
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/2/2010 9:03:29 PM
No, they're spammable because they explode quickly, and explode on contact with a player but not a surface, and you can throw them quickly, and they do a lot of damage to a large area.

In most games, grenades do not explode on contact with a player. You either have to cook them, or hope someone walks into them/can't get away in time.
In most games, grenades take a while to cook/explode, making it so that, while you can spray them everywhere, people can run, or you can cook them, but then you can't spray.

In other words, grenades are broken and spammable because they're broken and spammable. Not because they don't travel as far. If anything, that makes them less spammable.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5drummerkid38(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 9:24:55 PM
Well the grenades need to get fixed either way...
---
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/2/2010 9:45:46 PM
I don't like cooking grenades :U

Humans wouldn't REALLY make grenades like that, its just not realistic.

Plus, its funner when they 'splode faster. Its like a drug, the faster the method of delivery, the more addicting it is. :D
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/2/2010 10:10:50 PM
But they shouldn't explode on contact with a player. That's just dumb. > > Maybe if it's on the ground and the player runs over it, or something, but it honestly seems like a bit of a cop-out because, say, the grenade physics get buggy when the grenade bounce is too low, or the physics never let it stop bouncing, or something, so that seems unlikely.

But really, they shouldn't explode on contact with a player, but not a wall. They should do damage, but not explode.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/2/2010 10:53:43 PM
Well, as long as it will explode on players on the second bounce, I would be fine.
though, I guess they could make it bounce off you and then explode when it hit the ground :U
but i think it might as well just hit on contact at that point.

I really like the second bounce thing.
I don't like the idea of a grenade sitting around like a mine.
especially on teams if team attack is on...
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/2/2010 10:54:26 PM
*but i think it might as well just explode on contact at that point.
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/3/2010 3:35:19 AM
But if you have it explode on contact, it's like saying "spam me, I'm broken".
---