How come Timesplitter's looks better?

#1marumariballPosted 5/3/2010 6:06:08 PM
Its a last generation game (Future Perfect to be exact), and the splitscreen is amazing for that game. Will HVS learn from that? This games splitscreen doesn't seem too hot.
#2drummerkid38Posted 5/3/2010 6:07:42 PM
you do realize this game is in pre-alpha right?
---
Currently Playing: Modern Warfare Reflex
FC: 0363-1767-1144-SlyFox
#3marumariball(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2010 6:10:12 PM
Yeah I do realize that, hopefully its better than what it looks. But nothing can top Timesplitters: Future Perfect for splitscreen fun.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/3/2010 6:17:09 PM
As much as I love TSFP, it was not the prettiest game on the planet by a mile. Though, interestingly enough, the GameCube version seems to run the best.
This game will not have a mapmaker, and you certainly won't be able to share your home-made maps with other people. There's also no real bots in the game. I doubt it will beat out TimeSplitters for it's local splitscreen fun. That series was the true successor to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, in every way.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5LigersRulePosted 5/3/2010 6:47:40 PM
Yeah I do realize that, hopefully its better than what it looks. But nothing can top Timesplitters: Future Perfect for splitscreen fun.

Uhm.... If you aren't aware, pre-alpha is very, very early in development.

Alpha is when the game can be played through, start to finish, even through some places that aren't done, and places riddled with bugs, just being able to get there.

This game isn't even at that stage yet. Give it some time to play up. You can guarantee it is gonna look better then the first one, and then some.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#6The_Noah01Posted 5/3/2010 6:53:27 PM
Also note they're have been no pics released (except 2 I believe) with the new rendering, lighting, and shadow models. So wait, don't judge a game that isn't done to game that is.
#7Fox_Rox23Posted 5/3/2010 9:46:36 PM
where is Timesplitter's 4 i want to play it
---
MWR-0080-4560-7146 Tcon - 4425-9243-8771
#8Fox_Rox23Posted 5/3/2010 10:08:49 PM
go to the timesplitters 4 board and help it out please.
---
MWR-0080-4560-7146 Tcon - 4425-9243-8771
#9ShinpiesPosted 5/3/2010 11:16:00 PM
ignoring the fact that C2 screens are alpha, and the whole art direction difference between the games, ive gotta ask a better question:

why are 99.8 percent of wii games looking like a ps2 took a casual poop?

when a ps2 has you far beat in graphics, something is wrong, and dont you dare blame it on the wii.
#10DaLaggaPosted 5/4/2010 6:14:48 AM
"why are 99.8 percent of wii games looking like a ps2 took a casual poop?

when a ps2 has you far beat in graphics, something is wrong, and dont you dare blame it on the wii."

Because the Wii is a last gen console as it's basically an overclocked Gamecube with a die shrink. Developers are always trying to push the latest console hardware as far as it will go, but with the Wii, there's very little point because it will never be possible to produce graphics that are significantly beyond last gen even though the Wii is a bit faster than a PS2. Having excellent graphics for a console automatically increases sales but the Wii will never be able to begin to compete with the x360 or PS3 and so developers, for the most part, don't even bother. This is largely why we have yet to see a single Wii game with graphics better than the best of what the last gen had to offer IMO.

High Voltage seems to be the only company that's really trying to push the Wii as far as it will go, but they lack the resources to really pull it off. They also lack the art direction to really make the most of their technical achievements which is one of the main reasons why Tcon looks so bad: even up against better looking PS2 games.