This game should support keyboard functionality

#1NIK12787Posted 5/9/2010 9:43:26 AM
It works great in Monster Hunter 3. This game should also use it. You can communicate to random people using the keyboard.
---
XBL Gamertag: FMA Winry
PSN Tag: Chobits_Chi
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 5/9/2010 10:16:53 AM
That would be cool. Seeing as how it has to do with online and communication though I bet you anything it would have to be okay'd by Nintendo.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri
#3Ghosty392Posted 5/9/2010 11:03:54 AM
Monster Hunter 3 is also a lot more slow paced than Conduit, so I'm not sure if you'd have time to type.
---
Conduit Friend Code: 3137-4338-7044
Yes, I have WiiSpeak.
#4SupahShnipaPosted 5/9/2010 11:14:35 AM
"Monster Hunter 3 is also a lot more slow paced than Conduit, so I'm not sure if you'd have time to type."

Lobbies? Raging after deaths? Message/Inbox system?
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy The Conduit Screen Name - Pure MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 5/9/2010 12:10:06 PM

Monster Hunter 3 is also a lot more slow paced than Conduit, so I'm not sure if you'd have time to type.

It's not like you have a whole lot of time to type while fighting a monster either, but it still works for what's needed. Crouching down in a corner to type a quick message would be no different than taking a chance to type when someone else is being attacked or the monster is running. Plus there's the chances supah mentioned. You wouldn't be able to type conversations while playing, but for those without wii speak it would still allow for a small amount of strategy and other comments. Either way it doesn't really matter anyway since I think it's safe to assume this is one of those online luxuries that HVS may want but Nintendo won't allow. Maybe they'd allow customized text messages like in brawl? Even pre-set messages could still be useful.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/9/2010 12:40:18 PM
It would be more of a hassle IMO.

we've already got wiimotes, whats wrong with using them to type?
#7FamliarStrangerPosted 5/9/2010 12:42:24 PM
^Speed.

Better than using an analog stick to move a cursor along a virtual keyboard, but not nearly as good as a real keyboard.
---
Monster Hunter Tri- Name: Familiar ID:
Translator of Fragile Trailers
#8UltimateFlame13Posted 5/9/2010 12:53:37 PM

It would be more of a hassle IMO.

we've already got wiimotes, whats wrong with using them to type?

How's a usb keyboard a hassle? Plug it in and type. The wiimote is a lot slower and annoying to use when you aren't used to it. It takes 15-30 seconds to type a sentence that a keyboard user could have typed in a few seconds. When we're talking about communication in games that's a huge difference.
---
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/9/2010 1:16:58 PM
When I say It would be a hassle, I mean it would be a hassle for me.

I already have more USB accessories than I can fit in the two slots.
LAN adapter and Wii Speak, I'm already booked.

Keyboards have such a tiny range. My chair is ~10 feet away from the TV. Further away than a cheap wireless keyboard would allow. and a cord going that distance is pretty impractical

I already have a wiimote in my hand playing a wii game. To type I have to put my wiimote down, pick up my keyboard, get it all positioned right. THEN I have to switch back to wiimote.
Switching, while simple, Eats up a lot of time.

And lastly, I can type faster with wiimote than most people seem to be able to type with keyboard.
#10UltimateFlame13Posted 5/9/2010 2:59:57 PM
oh i see what you mean now. For me I don't really have to deal with those problems, but I can see how it would make things a bit more difficult.
---