Hey HVS =)

#1SaintXSPosted 5/11/2010 6:32:41 PM
Call of Duty: Black Ops has been announced for the Wii. To HVS; how do you think you guys will be able to compete with them? To the Conduit 2 community: do you they can do it?

Call of Duty is going in being a very well respected and popular franchise. If people see "CoD", they will buy it.

The Conduit is going in the second game in the series after a huge upset. People have very low expectations.

They are both being released around the same time. Everyone knows the Wii FPS community isn't large enough for two games to be a huge success. As soon as games like WaW came out, MoH died, MW:R, WaW died... and now... two games are coming out... at once. What will happen? :P
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#2IMA1337_FearMePosted 5/11/2010 6:38:04 PM
black ops is yet another cod game. :/ con2it will have better graphics and gameplay
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3HVSTony(VIP)Posted 5/11/2010 8:24:44 PM
Whole different game I don't see anything about split screen...
#4CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/11/2010 10:11:35 PM
IDK...

I'm thinking people are getting a little COD burnout.
A flood of COD games would actually probably push people for something different.
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/11/2010 10:38:30 PM
Fanboys of either will get either. If people are well enough informed about C2, it will do better from splitscreen alone, but activision likes propaganda, and treyarch is their ****.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6ammartin08Posted 5/11/2010 10:45:21 PM
Assuming the two games play equally as well as the other, C2 will have Black Ops when it comes to features and originality, no doubt. Another war shooter, more of the same types of boring weapons, maps that are all cover-based... It gets old, and I never see Call of Duty titles doing a very good job of differentiating themselves from one another, so you might as well just get Reflex for 5 dollars.

I can really see Conduit 2 being a nice, unique experience, or at least, better than another Call of Duty.
---
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu
#7Phasmatis92Posted 5/11/2010 11:44:28 PM
"activision likes propaganda, and treyarch is their ****."

Come on, sure they'll hype and advertise COD7 on the HD platforms to the moon and back, but when was the last time they gave their Wii projects even modest advertisement?

MWR was a veritable stealth release; they didn't even release screen or vids of it, and pretty much just sent it to die on shelves; the fact that it sold over a million regardless is a testament only to the selling power of the COD name.

I gotta say, though, I actually prefer Treyarch to Invisible Walls. At least Treyarch don't neglect the Wii, and none of their COD efforts were as awful as Modern Warfare 2.
#8CelticLink94Posted 5/12/2010 3:42:19 AM
even though, according to gamestop, these games are coming a week apart, my priority is still with conduit 2. I probably won't even look at black ops for a couple months, and only then if there is some reason to purchase that and put away MWR. All of the CoD games I've played feel just slightly different from each other... WaW's big thing was the WW2 setting, MW1 and MW2 just felt like map changes (and MW2 had insanely over-powered perks).... I'm betting that even if Black Ops is God, which it probably won't be for the wii cuz its a same time release, it'll feel just like the other games.
On the other hand, I think that Conduit 2 will be completely new and different from TCon, and I'm looking forward to playing it more and more each day. Wait until E3, when we start seeing some new shots and some actual footage... this game will be able to hold its own, especially on the wii imo... CoD has gained the reputation of HD first, leftovers for Wii second (unless they tack on two more years to development), and Conduit 2 is offering an experience like no other specifically for the Wii. If I were HVS, I wouldn't be that worried at all.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#9jje116Posted 5/12/2010 11:38:56 AM
i'll only consider black ops if it's an exact port of the other consoles' versions, minus the HD graphics. conduit 2 is the game i'm most excited about now though.
---
Holy Jeezus!
#10SupahShnipaPosted 5/12/2010 4:45:24 PM
Look, The Conduit has gotten people aware of the franchise now. And there are many people who liked the game. Plus, this game is going to be better than the first (How much better, we don't know), but they can easily destroy The Conduit's sales figures and overall opinion. The Advertisement budget will obviously be increased as well.

Also, ANOTHER Call of Duty? I'll stick with COD 2 and 4(Reflex). COD is falling apart and everyone knows it (It will still sell like crazy though). Plus, Conduit 2 and Ghost Recon look way more interesting.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES