Fire needs fixing, badly

#1Phasmatis92Posted 5/12/2010 2:14:13 AM
In the first game, one thing that really stood out as ugly was the fire. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all it looked like was a series of blurry orange alpha planes moving upwards and rotating as they went, one after another.

I've seen better fire effects in N64 games, and it stuck out like a sore thumb when placed alongside great looking elements like the normal mapping on the Drudge and the dynamic water effects.

Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube still has fire effects that outclasses nearly any current gen game in my opinion, and seems not to impact unduly on performance; HVS should take a page from RE4's book in updating their fire for Conduit 2.

(Sorry if that sounded harsh, I meant this only as constructive criticism)
#2CelticLink94Posted 5/12/2010 4:43:55 AM
Seeing as how I barely even remember the fire, I'd got to say it couldn't have been that bad otherwise I would've been like "Oh GAWD NO!". I wouldn't think it's all that important honestly, but they've updated the graphics engine so if it's going to be fixed it probably already has been.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/12/2010 6:03:40 PM
It's a memory issue.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4BainesPosted 5/13/2010 8:16:48 PM
Hrm, to me the ASE had the worst visual effect that was in most need of fixing. Pasting that light circle onto the screen with complete disregard to even the most basic geometry of the room actually made my eyes hurt.

I don't really expect much from fire.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/14/2010 10:46:18 AM
Actually, it properly warped around geometry.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.