Let's have a topic where we can just cram in as many ideas as possible.

#1MC_Brian1Posted 5/12/2010 11:21:26 AM
Game types, weapons, alt fire, new grenades, new equipment, etc. ANYTHING you can think of.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#2MC_Brian1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2010 12:13:24 PM
Let me start with my own, I guess.

For gametype, it could be sorta like Capture the Flag. It'd be capture the ASE, but one team is on defense and the other on offense. You get 3 lives, and if you have the ASE, you have to hack 3 points on the map that the defenders are also defending. Hack them all successfully or rout them to win.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#3SupahShnipaPosted 5/12/2010 4:46:04 PM
I'd like to see Halo:Reach's "Stockpile" game mode in. It's hella fun.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#4MC_Brian1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2010 5:25:55 PM
Stockpile is boring to me, sorta. I wouldn't mind it being in though, maybe I've just played it too much. I want to see game modes that are really more unique to The Conduit as a franchise. As in, using the ASE as more than just a flag, using conduits maybe, etc.
---
#5SupahShnipaPosted 5/12/2010 6:13:14 PM
How about a game mode where you fight to control Conduits? Kinda like Domination but you can warp to friendly conduits and get to the fight quicker.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#6zman31495Posted 5/12/2010 6:37:25 PM
I know it is kind of late in the production, but it would be cool if they had a Trust pistol. something with a high rate of fire.
#7Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 5/12/2010 8:52:47 PM
That's essentially the Deatomizer.

Also, I've wanted a mode where the ASE is used to hack points on the map for some time now. There could be one kind of like VIP where one person has the ASE, and that person is the only person who can hack/control the capture points (until they die, at which point that team loses a capture point and the ASE is given to someone else). Both teams are trying to control the capture points, and the team with the most capture points controlled at the end of the game wins.

For a game type with conduits, maybe a game kind of like doctor dodge ball, but instead of a doctor, there's a large conduit in each team's base, which players spawn from. These conduits have a limited amount of health (which doesn't regenerate). If a conduit is destroyed, no one on that team can respawn. Once everyone on one team is dead, the round is complete, and the team who wins the most rounds in a time limit wins (if no one wins any rounds, or there is a tie, the team with the most kills wins).

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll have others XD.
#8Aile_WingPosted 5/12/2010 9:21:57 PM
SupahShnipa:
I'd like to see Halo:Reach's "Stockpile" game mode in. It's hella fun.

You beat me to it.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/12/2010 10:42:42 PM
I have a million Ideas...

Here are just a few of them:
http://theconduitportal.freeforums.org/letter-to-hvs-t20.html

Linking instead of pasting, as its 10 pages long :p
Definitely over the character limit.

I'll paste a few other ideas though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not a 'game mode'. Its a rule set from a number of different disciplines of Dodge Ball.
Its tried and true, but I've never seen it in a video game.
Its known as either 'Elimination' or 'Revenge'.

Its a FFA type game, but with a catch. You have one life, you get killed, you're out.
HOWEVER...
When the person who killed you gets killed. You're back in.

How this effects the game is:
-In order to win, you have to defeat every other person.
-It would often be a very long marathon like mode,
-the more balanced it is, the longer and funner it is as well.
-If its super unbalanced, the game would be super short.

The only potential problem is that a person could be 'out' for a very long time, if the person who killed them just runs away the whole time.

I would have a feature similar to that in MPH where if you stay out of battle too long, or haven't been killed for a while, It revels your position on the map for everybody.
Which is basically really bad, because then everyone rushes to kill you.

To prevent stagnation, ( A small number of players too defensive to engage each-other ) as the number of active players decrease, the rules change, and make it a lot harder to avoid combat.

Maybe the last two players become confined to a smaller area of the map, or something similar.
--------------------------

A slow moving energy weapon, capable of traveling through walls.
Probably a relative of the ghost mine.

I'd call it like the Port Blaster or something.
Instead of a gun that damages whatever it hits, this mass of energy would not interact with physical objects. A small stream of leaked energy accelerates the small mass forward. The operator can cause the energy to release all at once, resulting in an explosion. Of course the farther it travels, the more energy is leaked, meaning the weaker the explosion becomes.

Because it is slow moving, it means that unless you were REALLY good, it would only be effective on somebody who was not moving at all, and because it gets weaker, it cannot be used across levels.
Even though there are walls, it is still making you approach to use it.
Also, it would be able to kill in one shot, but it would require both close proximity, and a direct hit.

It would be a very difficult weapon, but still tactically VERY useful, forcing people out from cover, or their 'safe places' where they predictably linger.
#10MC_Brian1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2010 10:51:11 AM
The mode I suggested is sorta like an equivalent to SnD because I love it so much. It's nice to put a more tactical game mode in a very run 'n gun-ish game like TehC.

Anyway, Conduit Control (Domination equivalent name amirite?) that SupahShnipa suggested sounds awesome. To make it fair though, captures would be pretty quick so that the losing team wouldn't get completely dominated by people teleporting across the map to defend their points.

Anyone have any other ideas? Defend the prototypes maybe? Attackers have infinite respawns, with a 10 second respawn delay. Defenders have 5 respawns each. Defenders control the prototype weapons on their side. Attackers have to seize these weapons. If the defenders take them all, defenders lose. Attackers can also use these weapons, if they have them, to defeat the defenders. Iono, I'm just brainstorming here.
---