nintendo need a better online

#1Fluxy1223Posted 5/12/2010 8:04:30 PM
Get rid of friend codes! Let us add players from the game lobby not friend codes, and just make it more loke XBL or PSN
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
#2SupahShnipaPosted 5/12/2010 8:06:54 PM
Nintendo isn't changing their online platform this gen, hopefully it gets better next gen. I probably won't be buying the next Nintendo console though.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#3RichieGamerPosted 5/12/2010 8:35:56 PM
Yeah me neither, probably I'll buy Sony's.
---
~RaLoZ~
#4incognito3Posted 5/12/2010 9:14:38 PM
i have been sayin this for awhile:
The Wii is the best system to make FPS, but Nintendo is the worst company to make any online game for.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#5frogloePosted 5/12/2010 9:24:14 PM
Nintendo's online is meh, but really if devs do what Monster Hunter Tri did it really wouldn't matter.
#6incognito3Posted 5/12/2010 9:24:56 PM
true, but not every company out thier uses or has thier own servers so keep dreaming.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/12/2010 9:27:51 PM
What a depressing thread :U

Nintendo online needs some work definitely.
But there are a number of problems that people don't realize that contribute to the onlines suckyness.

First off, Cultural barrier between the heads in Japan, and the swarming mass of online gamers outside of japan.
Some facts about Japan.
1: Bullet trains, and high population density.
Meaning you are NEVER very far away from somebody the people you know.
This downplays the functionality of online significantly.
2: Internet speeds WAY faster than they are here, and the distances a lot shorter as well.
If you read some of the interactions between cooperate Nintendo and NOA, NOA is really expected to perform the same under the same circumstances. For an example, look at brain age.
Likely something like that is happening for online too.
Forcing NOA to use the same budget as NCL for online or something to that extent.
Anyone remember the Online test that was posted on the smash dojo?

I think we can expect a lot of improvements for the online for nintendo's next gen.
Even if the policies do not change, I think it will be better integrated with the system, and much more user friendly.

NOA has been shafted in the past, Communication between NOA, and the needs of Wester gamers, and NCL, has not always been very good. But that's been changing.
Reggie Fils-Aime some say has not been nearly as BA as he has been in the past, but he's doing a pretty good job improving things for NOA from what I can tell. We finally have Club Nintendo.
Wii Channels are on the way ( finally ). And hopefully he'll be able to help with the Online situation as well.
#8_Azeal_Posted 5/13/2010 8:26:13 AM
Off topic, but I played Mario Karts DS with Reggie online. He really sucked. Haha...

Anyway, yeah, I honestly think Nintendo needs to drastically shape up their online crap. I don't mind the online of the DS, because it is simply a handheld, and not a huge amount of online features can be expected. But the Wii could've been much better.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
SW: "I cower in your presence, Az." <proof I'm awesome
#9FEStrataPosted 5/13/2010 3:20:29 PM
Wow this rant is getting cold
---
FE:SD-3051-3346-6547 CoD: MWR 4093-1302-2854
Flare Equinox Strata -X- XeF|~iFes~ XeF|PhronZ
#10sunfalcon9Posted 5/13/2010 3:22:26 PM
*slams rant in microwave*
*heats for max time*
Thanks for the cold warning, FES