Young Franchise With Tons of Potential

#1TravisIsGodPosted 5/13/2010 9:08:38 AM
Words taken from Game Informer, that's awesome. The first Conduit was cool and I have high hopes for #2. Hopefully we see more sequels.
---
I'm all about No More Heroes!
Shinobu as the star of NMH3!!!
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/13/2010 12:51:50 PM
IMHO Over sequelization is a pretty big problem in the industry.

Sakurai Knows it.
"lots of people have to give their all to make a game, but some people think the sequel process happens naturally."

Once Con2 comes out, I don't want to hear a peep about Con3 untill E3 2014.

It hasn't even been a year since Tcon came out.
#3VermineaterPosted 5/13/2010 2:13:13 PM
However, at this point, there is a lot to improve on. TCon1 could be improved in many ways. However, a game like Modern Warfare or Smash Bros. (well, before brawl) doesn't need improvement, and the sequels can be spaced out. (MW2 should've had another year in the oven, even if it was just "on hold" most of that time)
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#4SupahShnipaPosted 5/13/2010 4:58:47 PM
I don't mind this game coming out as early as it is, because of the Wii's lackluster FPS lineup. Though after this we should have a 2 year break minimum.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 5/13/2010 5:26:35 PM
You took that way out of context TC. What they said was...

"Where wii owners see The Conduit as a generic FPS, Sega and High Voltage see a young franchise with tons of potential. Ater less than a year, High Voltage is once again promising a Wii FPS that stand toe-to-toe with its beefier console brethren. Let's hope they get it right this time."

They never really said what they thought about it. Although the whole article seemed quite negative to me. Saying stuff like the changes being made to the enemies make the game sound at least harder than duck hunt.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Monster Hunter Tri
#6TehKrimboElfPosted 5/14/2010 6:55:08 PM
GI is so biased against nintendo. It's ridiculous.
---
"If it was a matter of life or death I would definately punch a naked girl in the face." - carr_mig
#7ZBug_Posted 5/14/2010 7:03:19 PM
Once Con2 comes out, I don't want to hear a peep about Con3 until E3 2014.

It hasn't even been a year since Tcon came out.

This is true but The conduit was more like a prologue for Conduit 2, which is when the real epic-ness comes in.
. . . And if i'm not mistaken HVS needed something to built up too
---
The Conduit: 4425-9297-5799 -Zane
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now." Light Eagan
#8typhone004Posted 5/14/2010 8:25:42 PM
they do have potential, but that doesnt make them good, it means they can be good. hvs has the potential to make great games and become huge, but they might also never improve and just die out.
---
Xbox360 Gamertag= SidewaysHorizon
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/15/2010 2:05:16 AM
I'm not saying Con2 shouldn't be coming out.
Tcon was fatally flawed with the spawn glitch, and has other problems as well.

Its being cut short. While it deffinitly COULD keep selling for a lot longer, A sequel in this case is providing a bit of well deserved quality control.

I just hope that with Con2, HVS WILL take the time to make it a title that will last till 1014, and NOT one that they will have to rescue with another sequel. Don't hesitate to delay the game if its necessary.
#10The_ShaderPosted 5/15/2010 8:59:55 AM
for some reason Gameinformer hates ALL the games i absolutely love. Armored Core is a big one here. And recently they talked about Starcraft 2, and mentioned that "the original story didn't go any deeper then, OH NO! ZERGE!"

.... thats total bull ****, if they took the time THE INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL to the first, you would see page after page of how the 'Terrans' came to be. Who the 'Zerge' are. Why the 'Protoss' and 'Dark Templars' were separated. and also, what happened to earth.

the insane amount of story Starcraft had was incredible. i loved reading about how certain Zerge species came to be. Gameinformer doesn't know **** and they never give the time to research anything about the games they review.

...... Despite all that, they give ok previews of upcoming games.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit Name= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri Name= "Deimos"