ATTN: HVSoftware

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/14/2010 5:15:41 PM
Most likely to be read by Tony.

Will there be an assault rifle with a nade launcher? There is almost nothing i love more than gunning someone down, chasing them around a corner, and popping a launcher-nade at their feet to finish them off, right when they think they're "safe".
Also, you guys are probably the dev most likely to implement this: visible ping. No bars, no guesses, just the ms response of all the players. Everyone knows nwifi ranges from 70-500+ ping already, and CoDMWR bugs me with 3 bars seeming to range between 0.1 and 2.5 seconds of delay.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/14/2010 5:32:24 PM
"Everyone knows nwifi ranges from 70-500+ ping already"

If everyone did already know it... I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have specified that they do. :p
#3DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2010 5:34:50 PM
Of course I would. My point is that there's no point hiding the crazy-high ping of most players, cuz we can tell it's crazy-high just by shooting someone.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4Phasmatis92Posted 5/14/2010 7:52:47 PM
I second both these suggestions.
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/14/2010 8:20:56 PM
Well, yeah. everyone can tell that the connection is bad. But I'm pretty sure most people don't even know what ping is. That's all I meant.

Regardless, I agree. I'd LOVE to be able to see the ping I am getting with different people.
Sometimes I don't know if I'm playing good, or if I just have the Lag advantage.
and vise-versa when I'm doing badly.
#6HVSTony(VIP)Posted 5/14/2010 8:24:06 PM
Im pretty sure showing actual ping is against Nintendo rules but I could be wrong. Ill check it out.

As for weapon topics, new info will become available once we announce it :)
#7FamliarStrangerPosted 5/14/2010 11:38:36 PM
Oh boy, showing ping is against their policies too? What could be the harm in this?

Pedophile: "this player has 254 ping. He is most definitely age 10, living in (insert adress here) and his phone number must be (insert string of numbers here). God bless Nintendo and HVS!"
---
Monster Hunter Tri- Name: Familiar ID:
Translator of Fragile Trailers
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/15/2010 12:37:22 AM
It doesn't make very much sense to hide ping in terms of babysitting their users.

But I think that reflects, Not careless stupidity on nintendo's part, But a lack of understanding of their motives on yours.
( in english, If hiding ping so obviously does nothing to protect children, than it makes sense that protecting kiddies IS NOT their motive.)

If people would actually consider what Nintendo is trying to do, instead of just focusing on the fact that the effects are something they do not like, Then they might actually sympathize with Nintendo's motives.
#9DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2010 4:30:36 PM
It's probably to prevent "discrimination" against players with weak networks, or hide the low wireless bandwidth of the Wii.

Thanks for the info, Tony, and good luck. Hopefully at least some semi-accurate show of latency is possible, like 10 bars from 0-200ping or something...
---