Invasion Mode Precursor to Grinder?

#1CelticLink94Posted 5/15/2010 7:11:13 AM
Both Con2 and Grinder use the same engine, and last I saw of Grinder was last year when they were still working on the engine. But with the invasion mode, could this be a precursor or a sample taste of the tech and style that will be used in The Grinder? Numerous enemies on the screen, only several protagonists, so on and so forth. Obviously Grinder would focus specifically on the horde aspects, but I think Invasion Mode will let us whet our appetite for the game, especially now that it's delayed until almost the end of next year.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#2The_ShaderPosted 5/15/2010 7:38:29 AM
i guess Con2 is gonna have a little bit of Grinder in it, where as Grinder is gonna be a full L4D experience.

Theres a cover system in Conduit (knocking down soda machines, etc.) where as Grinder... as fad as i know doesn't use such 'warfare' like action.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit Name= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri Name= "Deimos"
#3CelticLink94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2010 10:26:00 AM
Do you know if human players can use cover, or is it just going to be AI using it?
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#4ZBug_Posted 5/15/2010 10:46:50 AM
^ thats a good question... I'm making a topic
---
The Conduit: 4425-9297-5799 -Zane
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now." Light Yagami
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/15/2010 4:14:49 PM
It's more like they took a fun, underappreciated gametype with a lot of potential from older PC FPS and mods, and added it to a game that perfectly suits it.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.