Is the cover system (like knocking over soda machines) for AI and players?

#1ZBug_Posted 5/15/2010 10:53:24 AM
Or are the AI the only ones who can do that?

---
The Conduit: 4425-9297-5799 -Zane
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now." Light Yagami
#2The_ShaderPosted 5/15/2010 5:05:19 PM
probably both....

i'm assuming the 'melee' button/action will turn into the 'knock over stuff' button when you get near environmental objects.

but i kinda have a hard time imagining how that would look in action in multiplayer. its like picturing Gears of War in first person and doing stuff like blind fire or roadie runs.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit Name= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri Name= "Deimos"
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/15/2010 5:10:24 PM
isn't cover just the usual duck/sometimes prone and maybe lean?
FPS don't need "cover systems" like gears or KZ2. There's a reason KZ2 doesn't use it's own system of cover in multi; people would realise how bad it sucks.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4eminydaxPosted 5/15/2010 5:17:28 PM
Quantum of Solace has a pretty neat cover system that works in multi. It makes single player too easy, though.
---
Caveman: "I am your father"
Creationist: "NOOOOOOOOO"
#5MC_Brian1Posted 5/15/2010 5:45:37 PM
Knocking over things would be a good idea. If you get close it'd have a little icon that lets you know you can knock it out, so that lets you turn it over. You could also press it after it's already knocked down to put it back up, in case you ever need to for whatever reason.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 5/15/2010 6:27:22 PM
The IGN interview said that you can knock over tables and such, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, the player can use cover.
#7Phasmatis92Posted 5/15/2010 7:31:22 PM
It better go both ways, otherwise it'll be annoyingly unbalanced.
Every time they do it, it'll grate on us, "why can't I do that?"
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/15/2010 7:41:19 PM
I think the question isn't can we do it, but can they do it?
And the QoS cover system is the same as in Gears, just the main game is a FPS. I, personally, don't hate it, but it doesn't add to the game at all, and interrupts the flow of it horribly. 007Goldeneye had better cover.

Come to think of it, was GE the first FPS with prone, lean, and aim?
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9Aile_WingPosted 5/15/2010 7:42:33 PM
MC_Brian1:
You could also press it after it's already knocked down to put it back up, in case you ever need to for whatever reason.

Like for setting a big platter of cookies on, right?
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)